Lock up during firmware download

In the process of downloadingthe latest firmware,  I inadvertantly canceled download @50 %.  ( the only status screen I got for 20 mins. was “searching for updates”  when I cancelled the download, then the status screen poped up.

I tried resumeing it, but stays at 50 %.  I diconnected Clip +, turned it off, restarted, reconnected, and attempted to download again,  status still hung at 50 %.

Is there a way to purge and start over?  It may have been hung there all along, since I wasn’t seeing the status screen,

Thanks

Sounds like you’re using the infamous Sansa Updater. Why not just download the .zip file, extract it and install the firmware manually? Takes all of about 3 minutes.

You can get the fimrware .zip files and instructions here.

Tapeworm  is right, just do the manual update :wink:

Thanks for the tips.   Do i just ignore the fact that I have a partial download on the Clip now?  In other words should the new manual update overwrite the partial with no hitches?

Thanks

If your player isn’t hanging now from the partial download, you should be fine in starting from scratch with the manual download, I believe. 

I down laoded and extracted the files.  displayed file structure looks like this:

Sansa Clip +    4 GB

Internal Memory

Albums

Music

Service

Rapsody

I can not drag into the top level (Sansaa Clip…)

Nor into the Internal Memory level

But I can drop it into Any of the music level folders.

What do i do?

@johnln wrote:

I down laoded and extracted the files.  displayed file structure looks like this:

Sansa Clip +    4 GB

Internal Memory

Albums

Music

Service

Rapsody

What do i do?

Sounds like your playre is in MTP mode. Swithc it to MSC and try aagin. Don’t drop the frimware files into any of the Music (or other) folders. It needs to be in the root (or top) directory; next to the Music and other folders.

JohnLN wrote:

Sansa Clip +    4 GB

Internal Memory

Albums

Music

Service

Rapsody

What do i do?

Seems like your player is in MTP mode. Switch it to MSC and try aagin. Don’t drop the firmware files into any of the Music (or other) folders. It needs to be in the root (or top) directory; next to the Music and other folders.