Loading music from my Amazon Library. Is it possible?

I 'm on an iMac desktop 10.9.5 but I don’t use iTunes all that much. I load most of my tunes into my Amazon Library. I can load the few albums I have from my iTunes Library into my Samsara desktop folder, but I can’t figure out how to load anything from my Amazon Library. Is it possible, or am I screwed?. I bought the Samara clip+ instead of an apple device b/c I hardly buy itunes$$. When I go and drag an album into the folder it just enters in as gobbledeegook html kind of stuff. What am I missing here?
Thanks much, 

Andy

Hi, I’m not entirely sure if this will work but you can check if you can use Rhapsody instead. From what I know, those music files need to be converted first.

I don’t use a Mac, and I don’t know what you’re referring to as Amazon Library.  Ditto your Samsara folder or where it is. (Or did you mean Sansa?)

Apple wants to make it difficult for you to use anything but a doPi player, but it’s not impossible.

If you have mp3 files and a Mac you can just drag and drop them onto the Sansa.

Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and put it in MSC, which makes it look like two USB drives on your computer. (One is the Clip internal memory and the other is the card slot–which obviously needs a card if you’re going to use it.

Just put the music on the Sansa. Find the mp3 file on your computer (or a folder full of them) and copy and paste it or drag and drop it onto the Sansa. 

You can put files or folders into  the Music folder, or you can put them almost anywhere (except Audiobooks, Podcasts or Photos, which all behave differently).

BUT:

You have to make sure they are mp3 files.  

First, make sure you are showing filename extension. http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10845

Sansa plays .mp3, (and .wav, .wma and .flac) . 

iTunes files are .m4a . To turn those into mp3 files you can open iTunes, highlight a group of files, right-click and Create mp3 Version. Then you have to find them and transfer them over to the Clip.

Just to be extra obnoxious, Mac OSX sometimes comes up with “finder files” that point to the real mp3. They are 0kb in size and start with dot underscore, like ._01-Track1.mp3. But they’re not mp3s and don’t have any music in them to play.

1 Like

I’m guessing that these are not mp3 files. Any updates Andy if the tips given for you worked?

No it’s not possible. but you can transfer playlist from amazon music to another stream like google play music and then you can import to SD or CD etc. MUSCONV is the one of the best tool to sync amazon music to other stream.

You can try MusConv

Yes, you can do that but you should use a professional Amazon Music Converter to download Amazon Music as your Samara Clip+ compatible files in advance. After that, it’s easy to load music from your Amazon library to this MP3 player.