Keeps telling me to format

Hello,

All of a sudden I now get error code 0xc00d2772 on my Sansa Clip.  It tells me I need to format the player.  I’ve done that twice.

I also was receiving a message 2 hours prior to that on my Clip that I must update the synchonization on my unit.

Also press and hold came into affect without me turning it on.

Is this the end of the beginning for this unit?  If so, I only got less that a year’s light usage out of it.

I use Rhapsody to load nonpurchased tracks onto the player.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

I also posted about weeks ago about a thin line that runs through the display reading.  It is there constantly.

Thank you.

DonDoRondo wrote:

Is this the end of the beginning for this unit?  If so, I only got _ less that a year’s light usage _ out of it . . .

I also posted about weeks ago about _ a thin line that runs through the display reading.  It is there constantly. _

In the US, the warranty is 1 year. In the EU, the warranty is 2 years. Either way, it sounds like you’re within this period and should call SanDisk about a warranty replacement.

Even if you somehow solve this issue, the display screen is defective and will not get any better.

Thank you Tapeworm.  Unfortunately I’m in Thailand and the hassle of paying to send it back will not be worth it.

The unit will end up in the waste basket and will purchase another- a different brand of course.

You also might try manually reapplying the latest firmware, in case this all (or part) is being caused by a software glitch.  Easy and quick to do.  See the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.