It's 2010 and Sansa Clip + can't do gapless!

@microsansa wrote:

Can’t do gapless?  I have FLAC, MP3, and WMA albums on the Clip+, and enjoy the albums just fine.  Dark Side Of The Moon, a favorite, plays well, without incident.  Granted, one can bemoan gapless capability, but I’d rather enjoy the music.

Looking back at the original release, it was on LP.  I don’t remember folks crying foul at every little background click, and that was the way the release sounded.  Today, we have a considerably quieter noise floor.

The transition between tracks is pleasant and without delays.  Have a listen, and enjoy the music!

Note:  Cleaned up blank entries in this thread.  To help others, please do not abuse the ‘solution’ function.

_ μsansa _

Proof positive that everyone doesn’t want the same things with their audio.  While Sansa products do gapless good enough for my needs, I can completely understand how some people could get annoyed by the sporadic little “blips” that sometimes will occur with the original firmware.

…and speaking of the original album release of DSOTM, I guess I was one of those “weirdos” that was distressed by the click and pops that would eventually show up when playing the vinyl.  That’s why I purchased one of those electronic ‘click and pop removal’ devices when they first hit the marketplace.  It wasn’t perfect, but it was a major improvement at the time.

No matter how hard a company tries, there will never be a player that is perfect for all users.