Is there a way to go back to original setup

I downloaded the autoM3U program posted on this forum, and whilst I don’t have any problems with it, it deleted the original Playlists folder from my Clip. So far, that’s the only thing I noticed, but maybe it changed something else I’m not aware of. I tried to contact eliasf, who created the program, but couldn’t, and he doesn’t seem to be visiting these forums any longer. So, is there a way to restore the original setup of my Clip, just in case?

My clip doesn’t have a playlist folder. You (or your computer software) places one or more playlist folders on the device as needed. I don’t use playlists, played with them a little and put them in the music directory.

You should see a playlist listed under menu which will list the playlists it finds if any. Even if you completely format the unit on the computer, all the directories needed will be rebuilt. The menu items shown are governed by the firmware .

@csp wrote:
I downloaded the autoM3U program posted on this forum, and whilst I don’t have any problems with it, it deleted the original Playlists folder from my Clip. So far, that’s the only thing I noticed, but maybe it changed something else I’m not aware of. I tried to contact eliasf, who created the program, but couldn’t, and he doesn’t seem to be visiting these forums any longer. So, is there a way to restore the original setup of my Clip, just in case?

Formatting it will erase all content and reset it back to ‘like-new’ status.

You could also just manually create a new Playlist folder if you want. :wink:

I have tried creating a Playlist folder, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference (i.e. the Clip is functioning perfectly without it) and maybe there is more to it than just creating a new folder (the Audiobook and Music folders “behave” differently, too), also, I noticed that in MTP mode I still have a Playlist folder, so maybe there never had been a Playlist folder in MSC mode. Could someone confirm?

Read my post of 8-3-09. I only use MSC mode and do things manually. My playlist folder is created by the firmware when it detects the .m3u playlist files, which I placed in music directory.

Thanks, dave. I did read your previous post, I just didn’t really understand it at the time, but I do now. I’m an mp3tag user now, and everything is fine.