Is my new sansa clip+ working?

Sorry if I’m missing something here but In have just bought a clip+ from Amazon, charged it and transferred a couple of albums (folders containing MP3 files). When I switch it on, the screen has icons containing blue head phones, a yellow battery symbol and what appears to be a menu item “Music>”. I can’t work out how to select the menu option! When some the buttons on the front of the device are pressed, the brightness of the icons change and some times I can hear the radio or one of the MP3s through the head phoned, but I can’t change the screen to show other menu options. Am I missing something obvious here, or is the device faulty?

It wll power up showing the last item selected. When it shows ‘music’, pressing the center button should show a list of music items including select all, artists, albums, etc. Press center button again to select one of these.

Alternatively, at top level when ‘music’ is displayed, pressing up, down button will reveal the other choices available. Just play with it. You get back to menu by pressing button near right corner of keypad.

@iradamson wrote:

the screen has icons containing blue head phones, a yellow battery symbol and what appears to be a menu item “Music>”.

That is a protective screen sticker to guard against damage during manufacture, packaging and shipment.

Peel it off. :wink:

And please, don’t feel embarrassed about the situation:  it’s happened to many people!    :wink:

Well that seems to have cured the problem!

Whoops I do feel silly, but not a silly as I would have felt on Tuesday. I sent the same message to Amazon via their support page and they simply sent me  an email saying a new one would be dispatched today, which I would have returned next week with the same problem! :

:angry:

You’d have thought that sandisk would have step 1 on the quick set up guide “Remove protective screen cover”, rather than “Charge your Sansa”!!

Thanks a lot for your response.

Isn’t the state of being a human being a curious one, where sometimes it’s just the simplest things? Like the CAPS LOCK being on, on your keyboard, or not holding a button down long or hard enough.