Is it possible to repair the headphone jack on a Clip+

I purchased a previously owned device on eBay. The headphone plug does not go all the way inside the jack. The plug never ‘pops’, and does not ever end up sitting snugly inside.

As a result I am unable to render applicable EQ modifications, even though I do hear music through the phones. Although thus far I have only tried listening to the radio.

Does anyone know if there is an easy fix for this, without any soldering?

Otherwise I’ll need to request a refund. This is the 2nd device in a row I’ve bought from eBay with this issue. I will not buy another previously owned Sansa device after this.

Yes, it IS possible although it does involve opening the case (not easy) AND soldering in a new jack (IF you can find the appropriately-sized one).

But based on your description . . .

“The headphone plug does not go all the way inside the jack. The plug never ‘pops’, and does not ever end up sitting snugly inside.”

“This is the 2nd device in a row I’ve bought from eBay with this issue.”

and the fact that it is the same with 2 different players, let me suggest that maybe the plug is not inserted all the way into the jack. These jacks are extremely tight when new, and require pushing hard and maybe twisting the plug at the same time in order to get them seated fully into the jack.

This is a common question from new owners, and once they apply a little more pressure than what they think is necessary and get the plug seated into the jack a few times, it loosens up. You might have gotten 2 fairly new units and they weren’t broken in yet. :wink:

For whatever it’s worth, ^ +1.