I need music storing advice on microcards for my Sansaclip+

I just got my 8gb Sansaclip+ (Amazon.com) and I want to load my music collection; approx 22gb. I’d love expert advice as to how to go about it. Here’s my thoughts, please jump in if you can. I’ll put my all-time favorites on the clip+ itself, then I’ll purchase 4 4gb microcards: 1 for hip hop, 1 for alt rock 1 for classic rock and 1 for all the rest. Does this make sense or should I just buy 1 16gb microcard and load it all one card? Or maybe 2 8gb cards?  I went through all prior posts and I couldn’t locate this subject. Thanks everyone, Marc.

Just for ease of use, I prefer using one 16gb card.  It means I don’t have to sit through the database refresh everytime I want to switch genres.  I also like listening to more than one genre in shuffle.

I’m with summerlove on this one. While having your music ‘organized’ by genre onto separate cards sounds logical, it is very limiting as to what you can listen to at any given time. Myself, I like the variety that ‘Play All’ and ‘Shuffle’ mode gives me, but your listening habits may differ.

Regardless though, the fewer times you have to sit through a database refresh after changing a card, the better. Go for the largest capacity you can; a couple of 8’s or more ideally one 16GB.

I’m with summerlove on this one. While having your music ‘organized’ by genre onto separate cards sounds logical, it is very limiting as to what you can listen to at any given time. Myself, I like the variety that ‘Play All’ and ‘Shuffle’ mode gives me, but your listening habits may differ.

Regardless though, the fewer times you have to sit through a database refresh after changing a card, the better. Go for the largest capacity you can; a couple of 8’s or more ideally one 16GB.

Tapeworm wrote:

That makes sense. Put the keepers on the card, and anything you swap out on the internal memory…that’s what worked best for me.