I can't transfer to device on Rhapsody. Help?

I’ve recently bought a Sansa Clip from walmart.com.  With it came the free 30 day trial on Rhapsody.  I registered there and have been trying for two days to transfer some songs to the device.  When I drag and drop it says on the bottom of the Rhapsody window that it’s transferring the file,but then it says 1/2/3 etc. errors depending on how many songs I’ve tried to transfer.  But there is NO songs on the device.  I’ve read and studied, read and studied some more.  I’ve tried to find a solution here on the forum.  All to no avail.  My main focus in buying this was to be able to listed to the radio while I work out in the gym and to listed to the audio on the TVs in the gym and that works fine.  But dang it, I’d like to be able to listed to other songs too.  If this Rhapsody thing works, I may subscribe. 

I’m at my wits end. 

Any suggestions, things I should have done and maybe didn’t do or didn’t know to do, etc.  I’d love to hear them. 

Thanks for your time. 

Lots of posts on Rhapsody here, do a search.  The main point seems to be that you’ll need to make sure you’re connected in MTP usb mode (not MSC) so that the DRM-protected files get their license transferred over too.

Look to “Settings … USB Mode…” and set it to MTP.  If you don’t have this menu option, you will definitely want to update to the latest firmware.  You can tell how it’s connected by looking in Windows Explorer.  If the Clip shows up as “SanDisk Sansa Clip” it’s in MTP.  If it shows up as “SANSA CLIP” with a drive letter ( e.g. “F:” ) associated with it then it’s in MSC mode.

Hope this helps.

First and foremost, be sure that your Clip is in MTP mode.

In the Rhapsody 4 client, if you right click on the Sansa, and select Authorize, you should be ready to go.  If that doesn’t work, on the Clip, go to Settings > Format > Yes, and format the device (this will clear all media from the device).

Once that’s done, plug in and reauthorize the device.

Let us know if your Clip is happy.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 09-30-2008 01:20 AM