SanDisk Guru

Re: How to make folders to seperate my music?

caf51482 wrote:
As I indicated, the folders I created do not appear on the player. The player came with a few folders already on it. I can see them with My Computer, just can't seem to create new ones.

Is your player set to MSC mode? I would do this, then transfer the folders you've created over and see if they show up on the player.

Also make sure Windows is set to 'show hidden files and folders'.

Re: How to make folders to separate my music?

I just purchased my player and I am having a similar problem. When I place a folder onto my player it shows up on my computer in the music folder for my Sansa player. The folder does not show up when I try to view the folder through the player itself. The folder shows up as "unknown".

For example:

I placed some Iron Maiden songs in an folder named "maiden" and placed the folder onto the player. The folder "maiden" shows up on my computer, but on the player itself it show up as "unknown". The songs are in this file, but how do I get the folder name to show up correctly.

If I place 2 different folders onto the player- example:

Folder maiden and folder Billy Joel - they show up separately on my computer, but again when I try to view them through the player they are now both placed in the "unknown" folder. The songs are not even separated in that "unknown" folder into sub folders - they run consecutively.

Why am I unable to place named folders onto the player?

SanDisk Guru

Did you try setting the USB Mode on your Clip to MSC, and then transferring?
SanDisk Guru

cvuospt wrote:

I just purchased my player and I am having a similar problem. When I place a folder onto my player it shows up on my computer in the music folder for my Sansa player. The folder does not show up when I try to view the folder through the player itself. The folder shows up as "unknown".

'Unknown' = Bad or missing ID3 tags.