How to Upload Songs from Clip to iMac

I should know how to do this, but need some help.  I plugged the Clip into the Mac via usb connection.  It shows up as a drive and I open it up.  However, under the “Music” folder, there is nothing in there.  The music is still on the Clip, but the Music folder reads as empty on the Mac.  Any suggestions?  I have it in MSC mode if that makes any difference.  Thanks.

Probably means you loaded the songs in MTP mode. Your computer cannot see (and you cannot access) them while connected in MSC mode. And vice-versa.

How do I fix it?  Should I go back to the other computer (pc) that contains the music and reload it on the Clip with it in MSC mode?  Will that work?  The songs do show up when I connect the clip to the PC, just not the Mac.

knicholsontx wrote:
How do I fix it?  Should I go back to the other computer (pc) that contains the music and reload it on the Clip with it in MSC mode?  Will that work?  The songs do show up when I connect the clip to the PC, just not the Mac.

That should work. Using MSC mode allows you to load and/or transport for transfer to another computer just as if your Clip were a thumb drive or memory stick.

The only reason one needs MTP mode is if they use DRM-crippled files, like from music or audio book subscription services (CRhapsody, Napster, Audible, Overdrive, etc.).