How should I setup my Clip+? and Deleted files still on the Clip+ but not visible in the folder.

If you’re happy with the stock firmware, there’s no need to go the Rockbox route. It (Rockbox) does offer a lot of options and settings you don’t get with the OF (original firmware), but there’s a definite learning curve with it and many are overwhelmed by the sheer volume of menus, settings, button presses (short & long) and so on associated with it.

The manual is pretty techy too, and really doesn’t help a n00bie is setting it up initially as well as it could. It tells you how to change different options and a basic run-through of what each one does, but doesn’t really describe the real-world results, ramifications or why you’d want to change them in the 1st place. I believe some ‘dumbing-down’ and elaboration would be beneficial, but that’s just my opinion.

There are some distinct advantages to it though, such as no waiting for a database refresh and no database limitation. There are some would wouldn’t use anything BUT Rockbox, but there are also a lot of people who have tried it, and didn’t like it. They prefer the simplicity of the OF and have no desire or need for anything else.