How long does it take to (on board) format at clip+ 4gb?

I’ve been having problems with the unit hanging.  Format is started, it’s been running 45 minutes.  Shouldn’t it be done by now?

It should take less than a 1 minute. I pretty new to the clip so I can’t really give you any advice on how solve your problem.

monroe0 wrote:
I’ve been having problems with the unit hanging.  Format is started, it’s been running 45 minutes.  Shouldn’t it be done by now?

I hope you formatted with the Clip+'s own format command,and not with your computer…

on board formatting should go by fairly quickly. 40 mins is definitely much longer than it should take. try soft resetting the clip and see if you can get in the menu. if you can switch it over to MSC mode. then connect it to the computer and try formatting it using the PC. use the FAT32 file system. if you are using MAC use MS-DOS file type. if format fails in the computer it will probably need to be replaced. if format is successful then turn the clip back on go to the internal format option and use the internal formatting (this is better for large databases). if this format goes through without hanging you should be good to go to reload your music.