How is your Sansa Clip battery life?

I’m having exactly the same problem with my 2GB Clip that Peacedog relates.  As this discussion progresses, I think it’s important to identify which model of Clip (1 GB or 2GB) the writer is talking about in his/her post.

I purchased a black 1GB model at my local Wal-Mart.  I liked it so much that I gave it to my wife and purchased a black 2GB model at Best Buy (Wal-Mart didn’t carry the 2GB model) because I wanted a little more storage.  The 1GB model has worked flawlessly.  It readily takes a charge and holds it for long periods of time.  She loves it! 

On the other hand, my 2GB model would not take a charge from the time I first took it out of the box.  It did have partial charge remaining from the factory and when I connected it to my computer or wall charger the screen icon indicated that it was charging.  After an overnight session on the wall charger (the one I regularly use to charge my 1GB unit) it still indicated charging but had not taken any charge at all.  When I turned it on, it quickly used the little remaining charge and was then completely dead.  I verified that I had the latest firmware version, tried charging it on my computer and even on my 12V car charger - all to no avail.  I returned it to BB for exchange.  The Customer Service person re-checked it and verified everything I said seemed correct.

The replacement 2GB unit charges okay and works well - except - it will not hold a charge for more than 3-4 days.  I’ve had the problem since early December and tried different things in an attempt to fix the problem.  To compare my 1GB and 2GB units I first “reset” and “formated” both of them.  I then reinstalled the latest version 01.01.18A firmware and fully charged both units overnight.  I charged and checked both units over a two-week period.  Both units have been sitting side-by-side and unused on the kitchen counter for the last nine days.  I checked charge status every couple days.  The 2GB started discharging the first day until it was dead (screen won’t even light up) after only 4 days.  The 1GB unit still indicates a full charge!

I see absolutely no reason that these two units shouldn’t hold charge for approximately the same period of time when compared under identical conditions.  Although the factory will probably not acknowledge there might be a problem, I think perhaps there are bunch of 2GB units out there with defective batteries.  I will take my 2GB unit back to a different BB and hope that I can find one from a different manufacturing batch.

Is anyone else having problems with their 2GB Clip not holding a charge?