How do you keep track of audiobook files listened to?

I’m a new Sansa Clip+ 4GB user.  I formatted my Clip+ and set it to MSC mode.  I inserted a microSDHC card into the Clip+.  The microSDHC card has a folder with about 20 files that have the genre of “AudioBook”.  Everything works and I’m able to listen to the files, stop listening, and resume listening later where I left off.

My question is what’s the accepted way to keep track of each audiobook file that’s already listed to?  I navigate to the files by going:

Music > Folders > External uSD card > FolderName > list of all of the audiobook files.

Say I listened to the first 4.5 files.  The next time I want to listen to the audiobooks, I can’t remember to go to audiobook 4 to resume listening.  How do you remember which audiobook file to go to, to resume your listening?

Thanks,

Skyglider

If you tag your audiobook files properly, so that all the audiobook files for the same book have the same album name, and are numbered sequentially(make sure to use leading zeros, ie. 001, 002, oe else you could start numbering them from 101 if you want to avoid having to use leading zeros, and there are less than 900 files in the audiobook. If you have it set up this way, then when you go to the audiobooks menu, the player will guide you to the audiobook and audiobook file that you were playing last.

@jk98 wrote:

If you tag your audiobook files properly, so that all the audiobook files for the same book have the same album name, and are numbered sequentially(make sure to use leading zeros, ie. 001, 002, oe else you could start numbering them from 101 if you want to avoid having to use leading zeros, and there are less than 900 files in the audiobook. If you have it set up this way, then when you go to the audiobooks menu, the player will guide you to the audiobook and audiobook file that you were playing last.

How do I go to the audiobooks menu?  I’m a total newbie with the Sansa Clip+.

Thanks,

Skyglider

To get to the audiobooks menu you go to music>audiobooks. Are audiobooks a type of music???

@jk98 wrote:

To get to the audiobooks menu you go to music>audiobooks. Are audiobooks a type of music???

Hi JK98,

My audiobook is made up of a bunch of .mp3 files for a weekly radio show that I downloaded from the website.  Each radio show is  a 1 hour mp3 file. I used Windows 7 Media Player to change the genre from “blank” to “audiobook” to be able to get the “Resume” option when I return to listening to an episode of the radio show that I left off at.

I had been using the folder method to navigate to the audiobook.  I tried your method and it took me to the audiobook that I was listening to and I got the “Resume” option.  Looks like your method will work fine.  I’ll know for sure when I finish listening to the current radio show and start listening to the next one.

The Sansa Clip+ manual is sorely lacking.  Really.  It barely scratches the surface of what the Clip+ is capable of.

Thanks much for your help,

Skyglider

The manual is rather skimpy, and they don’t usually update the manual to reflect changes in the player from firmware updates.

An easier way to edit tags rather than  using WMP is to use the free program mp3tag.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

@jk98 wrote:

The manual is rather skimpy, and they don’t usually update the manual to reflect changes in the player from firmware updates.

An easier way to edit tags rather than  using WMP is to use the free program mp3tag.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Hi JK98,

I installed MP3TAG and yes, it’s a lot easier to edit tags than using WMP.

Thanks much for your help,

Skyglider