12-25-2011 11:29 AM
Seems when I sync from windows media player, it puts the whole list on the mp3 and I have to disconnect my MP3 player to stop it from syncing. I just bought a song and am ready to sync it but am afraid the whole list will sync again. I tried the media player "help" but have not found the answer. Thanks
12-25-2011 02:23 PM
Yes, 'sync' stinks . . . especially for those who are new to the whole mp3 player thing. Just drag & drop, or copy & paste. Much easier and control is totally in your hands, not Microsoft's.
12-26-2011 11:05 AM
No, it's simple copy and paste, just like doing this on your computer:
1. Connect your player to your computer.
2. Go on your computer to where the files you want to put onto your player are stored--your desktop, a window/folder, etc.
3. Select (so that they are highlighted) the files/folders you want to put on your player; you can select as many as you want.
4. Right click on what you just selected and chose copy. (Alternatively, in the menu at the top of the window, choose edit and then copy.)
5. Open the window for your player, and go to the location/folder where you want to put the file copies.
6. Right click on an empty space in the window and choose paste. (Alternatively, in the window menu at top, choose edit and then past.)
12-27-2011 05:00 AM - edited 12-27-2011 05:01 AM
When I connect my Clip+ to Windows Media Player (ver. 10), I select the Sync tab. This shows me a screen with:
Start Sync; Edit Playlist; and Set up Sync. I have mine set up not to be automatic. Maybe you can click on this and reset your Windows Media Player to Manual synch. That way you can edit the playlist and select as few as one song to transfer to your Clip+.
Hope that helps. There are other ways to synch, just as mentioned previously that work fine too. It's nice to have choices.