How Do I Get Rid of Rhapsody?????

I used the 30-day free Rhapsody trial but elected not to renew it.  Now I can’t seem to get rid of it.   

(1)  I continue to get the message “Your subscription has expired.  Connect to your PC.” everytime I turn my Clip on. 

(2)  There is also a large “zero” next to the battery indicator on my screen.  I’ve read somewhere that it indicates the number of days I have to renew my Rhapsoday subscription.  

(3)  The 3rd problem is there is a “Rhapsody Channel” choice where the “Music, FM Radio, Voice, Recorder, etc” are listed.  

Do you guys have any idea how I can fix these annoying problems?  Immediately after the 30-day free trial expired I “Reset All” and lost all my music so I don’t want to try that again.  Thanks for any suggestions. 

Two methods to get rid of Rhapsody:

1. Place the Clip on the floor, and step back.  Raise your hands in the air, flail them about, run away, and scream like a little girl, yelling “clowns will eat me!!”

2. Oh, that didn’t work?  On the device, select Settings > Format > Yes.  Poof.  No more Rhapsody data.  UPDATE!  For those in a similar situation, formatting clears all data, not just the Rhapsody music files.  I’m old school, starting with 1-inch tape drives and 12 inch platter drives.  To format is to write nulls on the entire platform, a clean sweep.  (I assumed that the only music here was the Rhapsody content!)   Bob

Let me know if your wee dot and nag screen disappear!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 08-09-2008 07:14 AM

Running around yelling like like a little girl didn’t help at all.  However, reformatting worked wonders…no more Rhapsody!  You are my hero.  Thanks!

Well, now you’re not my hero.  I just discovered reformatting deleted all my music…bummer.  Guess I have to start downloading all over again.  Thanks anyway for trying.

All you have to do, is:

• connect the device to your PC, using a USB cable

• open Windows explorer, and find your SANSA device listed

• click on the “+” sign next to the device, then go down to services.

• click on the “+” sign next to Services, and you will see Rhapsody listed as a service.

• click once on Rhapsody, then hit your delete key.  This will remove Rhapsody from your device, WITHOUT DELETING ALL OF YOUR MUSIC.

• now disconnect the SANSA device from your computer, and power on.  you will no longer see the message.

Props to me for not making you delete all of your files. :smiley:

@sansaclipfan wrote:
Well, now you’re not my hero.  I just discovered reformatting deleted all my music…bummer.  Guess I have to start downloading all over again.  Thanks anyway for trying.

He warned you in the post haha.