Help with Which to Buy

You know, it so much depends on how the player is going to be used. 

If you never use video, you may not need the Fuze, although a larger screen always is handy for navigation and many like the Fuze’s navigation by wheel (absent from the Clip players).  But then, if you don’t use video and want the ultimate in portability, the Clip/Clip+ is the way to go. 

I think it also depends on how much memory space you need/want.   If you just want to use the player for temporary storage and are happy moving files on and off it, even a 2gb player and a lesser expensive Clip might meet your needs.  Having said that, note that for non-great deal Clips, the Clip+ can be the same price as a similar Clip (or sometimes even less), or just a bit more.

If it was for me and I didn’t care about video, I’d get a 8gb Clip+, with the ability for future expansion via a microSD card and the possibility of future firmware upgrades (but never count on that …).   

As to whether there will be a Fuze+ as there is a Clip+, probably not, as the Clip+ is really just a refined Clip with a microSD slot and enhanced firmware, both of which the Fuze already has (and its build already is pretty refined)?  But the Fuze folks will know better. 

And comparing the Fuze with the Clip+, note that the Clips don’t do video at all–it’s not just that the Clips’ screen is small.  On the other hand, the Clips have their built-in namesake clip, which the Fuze doesn’t have–you would need a case with clip for that.

And now I’ve probably made things more complicated for you …