Help With memory loss!

@sumi wrote:
Hey, I was having a few problems with my clip when I got it, putting on music and such. It was showing on my computer that i was putting music on, but nothing was showing up on the player itself. Anyway, I figured out why, and deleted the music I had put on it so I could start again. Now those files are gone, and so is the memory they took up. My player is working fine, but what was a 2gb player is now about 700mb. Can anyone tell me what happened? and possibly how to fix it.
Thanks!

Are you sure you deleted the files? When you switch between MSC and MTP modes, the computer can only see the files from the current mode only. So the files may still be on the Clip, but on the other mode. You can check this by manually switching to each mode and reconnecting to the computer.

If that’s not the case, then it’s possible that the Clip’s file system is corrupt. You can rebuild it using “Format” from the Settings. Note that this will wipe out everything from the Clip and you’ll have to reload your music to it.