Green Light

When I turn my MP3 on  and off there is a green light for a minute and then it works fine. Anyone know whats up ? Thank you for your time…Ray 

What version of player and what green light/where?

Hello,

are you sure that you are using the clip + player? because i heard about an issue with a green screen but on the clip zip player.

Version - V01.01.21A

When I turn the MP3 Player on or off it shows Sansa logo for a sec, then the LCD light turn green for about a minute or so. After that it plays normal. I was hoping someone had a fix for this. Thanks…Ray

I think I am , I have seven of them, One for Rock, Jazz and so on. I wait till Radio Shack has them on sale, they have great sales when they are. But I think the Shack has stop selling them. To Bad I like them allot. Anyway I am going by the picture to see what MP3 I am using. Could you let me know about the issue with the clip zip. Is there a fix? Thank you for you time…ray

I do have a clip not a clip +. Here is how I fixed the problem. I reinstalled the firmware manually from the instructions on the home page. So far ir seems to be working and was easy to do. Have a good day people…Ray 

Hello,

thank you for providing the solution to this post in order to let others know how you resolved your issue.

@kevin390 wrote:

Version - V01.01.21A

When I turn the MP3 Player on or off it shows Sansa logo for a sec, then the LCD light turn green for about a minute or so. After that it plays normal. I was hoping someone had a fix for this. Thanks…Ray

I think you actually have a Zip, the clip/clip+ don’t even have green pixels.  

HAHA your right it is a Zip. All these clips no wonder it took me a while to get my MP3 working right.

I know this is an old topic but it does happen to me on occasion.  So I wanted to tell anyone with this how I fix it.

I use my player for audio books. I downloaded from the library and I am constantly adding and deleting files.  The adding and deleteing will cause any computer to slow down.

I do get that green screen from time to time.  Sometimes it is just for under a minute starting and stopping, which is a bit annoying.  But today it turned green while I was listening and did not go away and it was turning off, I gave it over 5 minutes. It took over a minute holding down the on/off to shut off completely.

Step I use to fix. 

1. To reset (reboot) it may take holding down the on/off for over a minute.  
  2. Plug into the computer and backup anything you want to save. 
  3. Unplug from computer and go reformat
  4. Plug back into computer and check for firmware updates
  5. Copy files back.
  6. Unplug from computer and all should be well again.