Frozen, and won't shut off!

Hi!

I have had my Sansa 8gb Clip for about 8 months, and havent had ANY problems till now.

I was just lieing in bed listening to some music when it just froze on me, and the screen has gone very very faint on me, but the power is still on as the blue light around the button is still glowing strong.

Have read through this forum, and I HAVE tried turning it off by holding the power button for 30 secs+ several times, but it does not want to turn off.

Tried connected to PC, PC doesnt read it now - no problems before this freeze.

It was full charged the day before it happend, but have used it a little since, with no problems.

Any ideas welcome, as I can’t turn it off to reset, and there is no other reset button i can see. is there any other button combo i can try? or do i have to wait for it to die before i can do anything? If so that could take a LONG time!

Many Thanks

Lloyd

Try the power switch up and the home/menu button a split-second later. This will sometimes force a turn-off on a frozen machine.

The only other alternative is to leave it unitl it runs out of juice on it’s own. Then you should be able to plug it in and re-charge it and it’ll probably be fine.

Well, have tried a fair number of button combos to try and get it to turn off, no luck.

If I have had it less than a year, is it covered under warrenty? If so can someone please give the address and telephone number of the company I will have to send it back to.

I will wait until the battery is dead, then try and restart it, but if no luck, I hope it is under warrenty and I can get it sorted like that.

@zeorima wrote:

Well, have tried a fair number of button combos to try and get it to turn off, no luck.

If I have had it less than a year, is it covered under warrenty?

Yes.

If so can someone please give the address and telephone number of the company I will have to send it back to.

Sure . . . SanDisk Tech Support. Call them about an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization).

I will wait until the battery is dead, then try and restart it, but if no luck, I hope it is under warrenty and I can get it sorted like that.

Should only take a day and a half or so for the battery to run out. You’ll have to wait till Monday to call anyway, so might as well see if it works. By then you’ll know.

I have the sme problem my unit will not turn off no matter what I do including reset

Are you holding the on button down for 30 seconds (or more)?

For how long?

I had the same problem but just held power button down 30 sec then it was ok. 

Same thing just happened to my boyfriend’s sandisk.  We can’t get it to shut off either.

It just shut off.  I held it down longer than 30 seconds.  Almost a full minute.

And then, will it start up again after that?  (Now try starting it up regualrly.)  That’s the manual re-set process.

If not, you might just leave it alone for awhile (sometimes plugging the player in to power can help in this process) and then try again–for some reason, the “rest” and power trickle-charge can seem to help (at least it has in the past). 

I had the same problom and I held the power button for one minute