Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)

Easiest solution: contact Support at 1-866-SanDisk, and they’ll assist you  :stuck_out_tongue:

µsansa

I have a similar problem. I have a Sansa Clip 2 GB and have Windows Vista as well. Everything was working fine and had plenty of music downloaded. But now when I plug in the device and go to My Computer, all my music files are gone. They are still on the clip so at least I can listen to music still. But I can no longer transfer any songs onto the clip from my computer. It’s very strange. I can click on the Sansa Clip on My Computer…but I can no longer see a list of my music.

Normally I would attribute a problem like this to my low computer I.Q. But I am not doing anything different than I was earlier and all of a sudden I can’t download any new songs.

If your music is suddenly “missing” from the PC side, yet it is available on the player, you are connecting in the wrong USB mode.  Files transferred in MTP are not available while in MSC, and vice versa.

If you haven’t updated your firmware, in which case the setting may change, you may be in Auto Detect, where the Clip will attempt MTP, then it will fall to MSC if unsuccessful.

Your culprit may be Windows Media Player, the driver for MTP mode.

Bob  :wink:

Is there any way to increase the volume in the clip? I want to use it in my motorcycle helmet and the volume is to low to hear.

Did you set your firmware to either US or Worldwide when you installed?  If so, there should be a volume option under Settings, make sure it is set to high.  If you installed set to Europe, re-install and set to US or Worldwide, and follow the above.

neto43 wrote:
Is there any way to increase the volume in the clip? I want to use it in my motorcycle helmet and the volume is to low to hear.

You could use a headphone amp. Yes, it’s another device but it might help.

Either that, or put some mufflers on that hog!

:smileyvery-happy:

Help.  All of the FAQ links in the first post of this thread are dead.  Does anyone know where they have been moved to?

dow wrote:
Help.  All of the FAQ links in the first post of this thread are dead.  Does anyone know where they have been moved to?

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4303/session/L3NpZC9iZDRwYlVVag%3D%3D/sno/0

Howdy folks, here’s one for you…

When I’m in FM Radio mode and lower the volume, it diminishes slightly then goes mute. There seems to be no sensitivity between mute and approx “mid-volume”.

When at no volume, one click on the volume control brings me back to the mid-volume setting.

Any ideas please? (as sometimes the mid-volume setting is too loud!)

donhutch wrote:

Howdy folks, here’s one for you…

When I’m in FM Radio mode and lower the volume, it diminishes slightly then goes mute. There seems to be no sensitivity between mute and approx “mid-volume”.

When at no volume, one click on the volume control brings me back to the mid-volume setting.

Any ideas please? (as sometimes the mid-volume setting is too loud!)

Have you updated the firmware? This issue was addressed some time ago.

Oh.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Total newbie here… please send me info for how to do that and also, when i do, will it affect music my files in the Clip+ ?

Thanks,

Don

donhutch wrote:

Oh.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Total newbie here… please send me info for how to do that and also, when i do, will it affect music my files in the Clip+?

Do you have the original Clip or the newer Clip+? This is the Clip board. The Clip+ board is over here.

The FM lower volume steps were indeed fixed in a firmware update to the original Clip. The same issue plagues the new Clip+, but SanDisk is still working on the fix.

Yep, it’s the Clip+

So I’ll pay a visit >>> over there.

Thanks!

I have a problem I can’t find an answer to.  I use Rhapsody with my Sansa Clip.  I got the free 1st month, and now I am paying the monthly fee.  However, I have a problem with my clip always needing to be synced.  I try to play it, and I can only get a message to synch my clip.  So I hook it up to my computer, let it do what it needs to do, and then it plays fine.  But in another couple of days, it happens again.

Why is this happening?

Anyone???

Glen wrote:
Anyone???

Your question is better suited for its own thread. Its buried in an old thread as it is now so try making your own thread and asking again.

There’s only a few here that use that (dis)service, so you may have to wait a while for an answer from someone who might know. In the meantime, you might check out the CRhapsody FAQ’s or forum if they have one.

Greg, I hope its not a reburbished Clip, not only are they not covered by warranties they work about two weeks and quit.  Beware.

I have bought a sansa clip, and i noticed it has a “R” in the back.

So,it’s a refactory sansa clip, isn’t it ? !(file:///C:/Users/haison/Desktop/refactory.jpg)

i,ve just purchased a 2011 malibu. it dosn,t have a usb port . it doe,s have a 3.5 mm 1/8 inch port that i think is for a head phone. it has a 6 cd player. iv,e read about that i may be able to put in a portable mp3 player. i seen a mp3 player sold by walmart that i,d like to get but i don,t know if it will work. i have alot of music i purchased on my computer that i,d like to use. i do have a that 3.5mm port tht i think is for a cell phone. from what i read ,i hear i can use a cable thats male on both ends & i have a sony walkman thats got music downloaded on it & i tried to use it, but i can,t  get music to play through the stereo in my car. i just get music coming from the sony walkman. i,d like to be able to use the sandisk mp3 player i see from walmart. it,s small & it,s 4gb & the other is the same, but it,s 8 gb & stores 2000 songs & has a 8 gb sdhc memory card. if anyone has a solution i,d be very grateful. thank you for your time.