Re: Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)

Is there any way to increase the volume in the clip? I want to use it in my motorcycle helmet and the volume is to low to hear.
Neal
nneto43@gmail.com
SanDisk Guru

Did you set your firmware to either US or Worldwide when you installed?  If so, there should be a volume option under Settings, make sure it is set to high.  If you installed set to Europe, re-install and set to US or Worldwide, and follow the above.
SanDisk Guru

neto43 wrote:
Is there any way to increase the volume in the clip? I want to use it in my motorcycle helmet and the volume is to low to hear.

You could use a headphone amp. Yes, it's another device but it might help.

Either that, or put some mufflers on that hog!

Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
dow

Help.  All of the FAQ links in the first post of this thread are dead.  Does anyone know where they have been moved to?
SanDisk Guru

dow wrote:
Help.  All of the FAQ links in the first post of this thread are dead.  Does anyone know where they have been moved to?

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4303/session/L3NpZC9iZDRwYlVVag%3D%3D/sno/0

Howdy folks, here's one for you...

When I'm in FM Radio mode and lower the volume, it diminishes slightly then goes mute. There seems to be no sensitivity between mute and approx "mid-volume".

When at no volume, one click on the volume control brings me back to the mid-volume setting.

Any ideas please? (as sometimes the mid-volume setting is too loud!)

SanDisk Guru

donhutch wrote:

Howdy folks, here's one for you...

When I'm in FM Radio mode and lower the volume, it diminishes slightly then goes mute. There seems to be no sensitivity between mute and approx "mid-volume".

When at no volume, one click on the volume control brings me back to the mid-volume setting.

Any ideas please? (as sometimes the mid-volume setting is too loud!)

Have you updated the firmware? This issue was addressed some time ago.

Oh.  Smiley Tongue

Total newbie here... please send me info for how to do that and also, when i do, will it affect music my files in the Clip+ ?

Thanks,

Don

SanDisk Guru

donhutch wrote:

Oh.  Smiley Tongue

Total newbie here... please send me info for how to do that and also, when i do, will it affect music my files in the Clip+ ?

Do you have the original Clip or the newer Clip+? This is the Clip board. The Clip+ board is over here.

The FM lower volume steps were indeed fixed in a firmware update to the original Clip. The same issue plagues the new Clip+, but SanDisk is still working on the fix.

Yep, it's the Clip+

So I'll pay a visit >>> over there.

Thanks!