Folders (Let me just say it again.)

@dannej wrote:

Wow, you tag-lovers are really doing your best to missunderstand, aren’t you?

I don’t think so.  I think we may have a better understanding of marketing than you do.

My guess is that the average DAP user is MUCH more inclined to use a music manager program like WMP, iTunes, Rhapsody etc. than they are to open Windows Explorer and organize their music collection into folders.  Their music collection is likely already tagged as the songs in it are likely to have been ripped from CD via one of these music manager programs, or purchased from a source like amazon.com or iTunes.

For God sakes, man.  There are novice computer users who have never even OPENED Windows Explorer, much less know what a disk directory is.

So SanDisk markets to the average user.  And as has been previously stated, they COULD add folder browsing, but then they’d have to support all the users who happen upon it in their Sansa’s menu, don’t understand it but try to use it, and can’t figure it out.

Millions of dollars spent by happy iPod users - do you think Apple made a bad decision in not adding folder support?

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 11-01-2008 01:29 PM