First a couple of days with sansa clip+

Hi! I just bought a sandisk sansa clip+ 4gb. My concern is I don’t know how long I should charge it and in the first 3-5 times of charging do I need to charge it fully and discharge it fully again and again? What’ll I do when im loading songs into it? Is it harmful everyday I connect it to the computer to load some songs altough it’s not discharged? It’s known that when you connect it, it’s also being charged.

3-4 hours should be sufficient for the intial charge. The Li-Po batteries used in these things do not require a full dicharge and full re-charge like older re-charable batteries of different types. In fact, this practice is detrimental to these batteries. A partial or top-off is ideal so no plugging in in daily to add or delete songs is not harmful.

More info on these batteries can be found via Google.

Batteryuniversity.com is a good source for battery info.

With the Clips, you won’t overload them by leaving them plugged in–they have circuitry to protect against that.  And partial charges are just fine–if I recall correctly, it often has been recommended to charge when a bit under 1/2 full.  The only time you really should discharge fully is every now-and-again, to recalibrate the battery charge indicator–apart from that, as noted above, is detrimental.

Enjoy your player!   :slight_smile:

Additionally, don’t use it while charging. That would accelerate the aging process of the battery.

@joelmch wrote:
Additionally, don’t use it while charging. That would accelerate the aging process of the battery.

Really?  Why would that be?  I’ve never heard that point before.  

@miikerman wrote:

@joelmch wrote:

Really?  Why would that be?  I’ve never heard that point before.  

Neither have I. :confounded: