Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Re: FM radio volume set too high?

This idea came via another thread, but I thought it might be useful to note here...

Rather than putting a volume control between your phones and your Clip, you could try using the EQ to lower all bands -- you could then use the custom EQ for radio, and switch back to normal otherwise.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

turnstyle wrote:

This idea came via another thread, but I thought it might be useful to note here...

Rather than putting a volume control between your phones and your Clip, you could try using the EQ to lower all bands -- you could then use the custom EQ for radio, and switch back to normal otherwise.

From what I recall, the EQ doesn't work with the radio.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

@turnstyle wrote:

From what I recall, the EQ doesn't work with the radio.

You're right, bummer, nevermind!
Highlighted

I also look forward to this issue being resolved with a firmware update.  They did it for the original clip, They should do it for the clip+ as well.

I'm surprised they didn't think to fix it from the get-go.

Highlighted

I sent a message to their support people.  I recommend others do as well, maybe that'll encourage them to fix this.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/session/L3NpZC9MbE9VUDJRag%3D%3D/sno/0

Highlighted

This is the response I got:

Dear Michael,

Thanks for emailing SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

There is no firmware update available for the Clip+ for the moment. However if the volume of the FM radio is too loud then you can adjust this by pressing the volume buttons on the right side of the Clip+. You can also change the volume settings of the Sansa Clip+ under Settings > System Settings > Volume.

Also, you can visit http://kb.sandisk.com, our online keyword searchable Knowledgebase, to easily find answers to your Technical Support and Customer Service questions for all of SanDisk's products. Simply enter your search terms and our Knowledgebase will search an extensive database of commonly asked questions as well as our online forums at http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa to provide you with the most complete answers possible.

Should you have any other concern with our products, please reply to this email.

Best regards,
Edward Mariano
SanDisk Technical Support

Highlighted

This is the reply I sent: 

I tried all that, and it did not take the volume down enough to be comfortable to me.

By the way, I truly resent being advised to fix the volume problem by using the volume keys on the side of the player.  I recognize that some people you deal with are probably idiots, but I am not one of them.

As I said before, this problem was addressed with older clip models.  Please tell me when it will be addressed for the clip+

Mike

Highlighted

And here's the latest email I got from them:

Dear Michael,

Thanks for emailing SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

Unfortunately there is no new firmware available for the Sansa Clip+ player. Please check our forums site: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa from time to time since any new update on the Sansa Clip+ would be immediately posted on this site.

Also, you can visit http://kb.sandisk.com, our online keyword searchable Knowledgebase, to easily find answers to your Technical Support and Customer Service questions for all of SanDisk's products. Simply enter your search terms and our Knowledgebase will search an extensive database of commonly asked questions as well as our online forums at http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa to provide you with the most complete answers possible.

Should you have any other concern with our products, please reply to this email.

Best regards,
Edward Mariano
SanDisk Technical Support

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

The new Clip+ firmware includes components from both the original Clip and Fuze.  The radio (analog) gain is adjustable, and no doubt will be trimmed a wee bit in the future, when firmware updates become available.  No worries!

The FM chip feeds an analog signal to the processor.  Based upon the past revisions, it looks like the original gain setting was used for the first release.

Oh, and your response seems to be referring to the original Clip too, as we now have the volume buttons on the left side.

To err is human...

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 12-24-2009 11:00 PM
Highlighted

Just got this message from Sandisk technical support regarding this issue (FM volume too high at lowest setting) with the Clip+:

"Please be informed that we are aware of this issue. We already forwarded this case to our firmware development team and we are expecting that the issue will be resolved on the next firmware update."