Extrem low volume in my Car audio system

Hi all,

I just get a Sansa Clip+ (thx Santa Claus ). It works fine with headphone.

But, when I use it in a car (with a cassette adapter or by the aux connector) the volume is very low. Even if I set the sansa volume and personal equalizer to the Max.

There is a solution to have a correct volume power ?

Thx in advance.

Do doublecheck and make sure that the player’s volume under settings is set to high (pressing the small home button, go to Settings/System Settings/Volume/High).  That may help some, although I think it likely is the connection that is the issue–you might try a separate aux cable.

Indeed, I didnt view this second volume setting :dizzy_face: . I set this to high, put volume and personal equalize to max and the volume is much better.

The volume still lower than FM or Tape mode. Anyway its correct now. :smiley:

Problem solved.

Thx very much :smiley:

Great to hear!  Actually, I’m kind of surprised, as I didn’t think that the setting really did a great deal.

I still bet that a different cable connecting to your Clip would make a difference–something to try out if you have another cable around, or a source for an inexpensive cable that you might want to try out (such as Radio Shack, etc.).

Well, I have only one 3.5 Jack cable, so i cant try with an other for the moment - I’ll make more try when I’ll return to my home.

But, I try this cable with an other emitter (a classic FM recepter) and it work good ; without noise even at high volume. So I’m pretty sure that my cable is Ok.

Anyway, my car-radio doesn’t have Aux connector so I have to use a cassette adaptor (wich works good with my FM receptor too).

But, yes you’re right, a poor cable can be the cause of such problems.

Phod wrote:

Indeed, I didnt view this second volume setting :dizzy_face: . I set this to high, put volume and personal equalize to max and the volume is much better.

The volume still lower than FM or Tape mode. Anyway its correct now. :smiley:

Problem solved.

Thx very much :smiley:

With the equalizer on normal it might be louder. Try it and see.

No offense to Sansa, but their players aren’t known for ample volume.  If volume was a major consideration, there are units in the marketplace that will do better.  At least on my auto set-up, my head-unit’s CD, FM and Tape are also quite a bit louder than coming from the Sansas.

I have just bought a clip + after reading good reviews, and i have to say that it is not fit for purpose. The volume is almost inaudible and the volume control under the settings menu is just not there at all. The menu goes from “Brightness” to “Reset factory Settings”. Can anybody tell me what is wrong?

Something seems to be up with your player–I certainly have a volume option setting, where yours seems to be missing.

You might want to apply the latest firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky at the top of the forum).  When setting the region, avoid the EU (my apologies, EU), which has a volume limiter–try N. America or Worldwide/Rest of World.  You then should have the volume option setting, which you can set to high.   If you have the latest firmware, you also can Reset the player and choose the region.