Downloading from Apple Computer & iTunes library

How do you download music from an Apple computer and iTunes library? I don’t see any place in the maual that tells you how this is done.

Hi I assume you have a sansa clip or clip+ , in which case I’m sorry to say you can’t use itunes.

Just  use mp3s,wma,or wav, which are standard files used with windows computers. 

Hi I assume you have a sansa clip or clip+ , in which case I’m sorry to say you can’t use itunes.

Just  use mp3s,wma,or wav, which are standard files used with most computers including apple.

or replace your unit with a Fuze, or Clip Zip. good luck. 

@pherny wrote:

How do you download music from an Apple computer and iTunes library? I don’t see any place in the maual that tells you how this is done.

You know, the Search function on this forum works very well. And your question has been asked (and answered) many times before. Here is just the 1st result from typing in “using iTunes” as keywords:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Can-I-use-Itunes/m-p/93967/highlight/true#M12477

Another thing you need to know is your player must be set to MSC mode (Settings > System Settings > USB mode) in order to work with a Mac. If you want or need to find out more, I suggest you have a go with searching and reading the many other discussions on the subject. :wink:

@xenoblade wrote:

Just  use mp3s,wma,or wav, which are standard files used with most computers including apple.

or replace your unit with a Fuze, or Clip Zip. good luck. 

Do note:  iTunes allows you to export music in mp3 format (rather than the aac format that Apple defaults to), as long as the music is not protected by digital rights management (DRM) (as Apple’s music was until around 4 years ago).  And so you should be able to export your non-DRM Apple aac-format music using iTunes, with iTunes converting the music to the mp3  format that is playable by the Clip or Clip±-check your iTunes documentation as to where the settingts to do this are, or do a search engine search for the instructions.  (Also, note that with the newest Clip, the Clip Zip, the player will play non-DRM aac files without iTunes having to convert the music.)

Here’s a link that I found at Apple for instructions on iTune’s file format conversion, that may help you:  http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1550.

Apple Music is a well-known streaming music service, for which we are limited to listen to DRM-loaded Apple Music with iTunes or its’ App and unable to download any songs from Apple Music, whose alleged “offline” listening are only temporarily saved on the cloud for its’ subscribers. Once the subscription is cancelled, we won’t have any access to the Apple Music that we used to listening to.

If you want to download Apple Music songs to Mac as local file, you can use the UkeySoft Apple Music Converter, it can help you download Apple Music as MP3 and convert iTunes music to MP3.
Read the guide:how to download Apple Music on Mac

You can download them but you can’t truly save Apple Music to computer. To download apple music, you first need to install iTunes on your computer. Of course, you also need a subscription to Apple Music.

You can try Musconvtool. You can Download from Apple Computer, Transfer your tracks and playlists to Apple Music, Spotify, Google Music and more for free with MusConv tool

You can try Musconvtool. MusConv moves playlists and songs across various services – Spotify, Apple Music, Google Music, Amazon Music, YouTube, iTunes, Deezer, Tidal, SoundCloud and others!

To download music from the Apple computer and iTunes library, please make sure you have subscribed to the Apple Music plan or you have purchased music in the iTunes store. After that, you can download music to your local computer.
If you’d like to do format conversion of Apple files, please use Best Audio Converter to achieve it. All Apple files, including Apple Music and iTunes music, can be converted to MP3, FLAC, and other common tracks for playback and saving on computer forever.

Maybe you can try the ViWizard Apple Music Converter. A full-featured audio converting tool that allows you to convert some special audio files, including Apple Music, iTunes songs and audiobooks, Audible audiobooks, as well as, more than 100 kinds of common audio files to MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, WAV, and M4B to listen anywhere.