Download directly from Internet to Clip3 podcast directory

Is it possible toDownload directly from Internet to Clip3 podcast directory on device. I could on my old Samsung mp3 player.

thanks in advance

Sure–just set the Clip+ drive as your podcast destination on your podcast aggregator.

Thanks for the quick response.

I use IE8 RSS feeds as my download source of new podcasts.

I am using Vista

When I right click on a new podcast in the rss feed, I click save target as, the vista “save as” box comes up, but there is no clip icon or directory showing. Like I said with my old mp3 player, when I did this I had a choice of directories on the device to save the mp3 file too.

I hope I am clear what I have written here. Please bear with me. thanks, Hasiel

please refer to my last posting. i wish to amend it to read:

The Clip icon shows in the save as screen, but when i try to save the file in the main clip directory, as message pops up saying “You cannot save here, try another location”, so I tried the clip podcast directory and I get the same message  that you cannot save here.

Is your Clip+ connected to your computer when you try this?  (I’m just guessing, here, as I don’t have your set-up.)  I’m not sure if this will work with your set-up, though, as your Clip+ would need to be connected to your computer when your computer does the download of the podcast.  (With the podcast aggregator I use, that’s not an issue, as it downloads at a set time each day (late at nite); I just need to make sure that the Clip is connected to the computer before then.)

But if it’s an issue, I would just have the downloads go to where you easily can reach them, and then simply copy and paste them onto your Clip.

hasiel wrote:

please refer to my last posting. i wish to amend it to read:

The Clip icon shows in the save as screen, but when i try to save the file in the main clip directory, as message pops up saying “You cannot save here, try another location”, so I tried the clip podcast directory and I get the same message  that you cannot save here.

Is your Clip in MSC mode? I think it would have to be, for this to work.

Someone asked in a previous post if my Clip was connected-yes is the answer.

In reply to your suggestion about setting in MSC mode, I have done so and had to create a shortcut to podcast directory on device to get it to work. It is getting confusing that now I have two podcast directories on device, one with about ten mp3 podcasts that I downloaded this morning and one podcast on the new podcast directory that i created.

I can’t seem to get  how to download to the original podcast directory on the device.

Thanks to all, I was successful in downloading the way I want to. I discovered that after setting to MSC mode that I had to delete all of my previous downloads in the Podcast directory as they were not showing as to being there.

I then was able to download directly into Podcast directory with all of them showing.

I do notice that when you turn on the Clip and go down the menu, my downloaded podcast files are showing in both the “Podcast” directory and the “Folders” \Podcast directory. I am hoping that they haven’t been copied into both folders.  

The subdirectory “Podcasts” folder under \Folders in not showing in Windows Explorer, only showing on the Clip device.

Files on the Clip+ may be seen under either ID3 view (such as the podcasts folder) or folder view.  They are not there twice physically.

As to not seeing Clip files on your computer:

When your player is connected to your computer under USB MSC mode (set under the player’s Settings), your computer only sees the files that had been transferred to the player when the player was connected under MSC mode.  Likewise as to MTP mode.  Regardless, all the files show up and are playable on your player, under whatever USB mode setting.

A good reason why some people prefer to set the USB Mode on their player to either MSC or MTP:  on the Auto setting, the player tries to connect under MTP mode but then will fall back to MSC mode if the MTP connection does not work; the result being, you may have a mix of MSC and MTP mode transferred files on your player, making some of them not visible on your computer without switching to the other USB mode. 

Because MSC mode is more universal (playing with a broader range of operating systems, including Linux and on Macs, and without a need for Windows Media Player on the computer), some people prefer MSC mode.  However, note that DRM (digital rights management) files need MTP mode–they will not transfer sufficiently (the DRM license will not transfer) under MSC mode. 

Thanks for your help and good information.