Desire Free DVD Audio Ripper

I am trying to find a free DVD audio ripper that will rip song continuously across two chapters and put in one file. I have 2 that were NOT free and they only rip whole chapters in separate files or point to point in one chapter. If song spans two chapters than the song is split to two files but i want a continuous song. Anyone know of a ripper that does this??? Example is thatif a song begins in one chapter and ends in next then I get part of song in one file and part in another, which is not acceptable.

I had a (free) ripper with an editor (or an editor alone) and you could join the 2 chapters into one–that could be an option for you. 

I haven’t done any DVD ripping in a while but when I did, there was another piece of software I found on the web to join the separate characters/files just as you are asking for.

Unfortunately, I’m at work right now (sssh, don’t tell the boss!) and I don’t remember the name of it. If I can get onto my computer at home tonight (that is, if the other half isn’t knee-deep in Facebook), I’ll fiind out what it was and post the info.

Edit: The program I was thinking of is called VOBMerge. You can get it here.

By the way, did you realize you posted this in the Clip/Clip+ board? Not to put to fiine a point on it, but neither the Clip or Clip+ have video capability. :wink:

Yes, I do have Sansa Clip and posting is correct. I do not use clip for video, but want to rip the audio from a DVD to .wav then convert to .wma or .mp3 to tag and use on the clip. But I didnt realize you could join or merge two parts. I ddint want a song in two parts, so for now I use DVD/VHS redorder to dub the song to a DVDRW then ripped from from that. It succeeded but I would rather do one ripping and get the complete song that starts on one track and ends on the next. I will take a look at the recommended software. Thanks.

I downloaded VOBmerge but have not tried it yet. But i was thinking that it may merge two video, not audio files. So maybe it would merge two video chapters and I could then  extract a continuous audio wav file? Have to try and see how it works.

@bbrev7 wrote:

I downloaded VOBmerge but have not tried it yet. But i was thinking that it may merge two video, not audio files. So maybe it would merge two video chapters and I could then  extract a continuous audio wav file? Have to try and see how it works.

I would assume for your needs, this would be how you’d want to do it. :smiley:

OKAY, found what I was looking for now that I learned WHAT to look for. Searched for free audio joiner software. Found Free MP3 Joiner at www.freeaudiovideosoft.com , click Audio, and download page appears. A free 9.62MB .exe file. Can extract 2 chapters from DVD with DVD Audio Extractor, use Wave Editor to split, use Joiner to join, Audio converter to convert , MP3 Tag to tag for clip, then copy songfile in artist folder to the clip’s MUSIC folder. Joiner works with MP3, Wma, and Wav files. Easy to use. Must add file in order want them joined though. First time it joined so last part was first. Adding file 1 then file 2 solved that. This is first time I ran up against a song I wanted that started on one chapter and ended on the next. I have Windows XP Home, and dont know if this also works with MAC.