Customer Service

I admit there was a bit of head-scratching on that one here as well.  I went to ohwell’s earlier posts, and there was a mention of the change between the original Clip’s blue wheel backlight, and the Clip+'s lack of a control light.  I have to agree,it took mea long time toget used to the Clip+'s squared controlbutton and lack of a cool blue light, I liked it too.  It was a tradeoff with the new device,since the backlight was a large consumer, and with the microSD slot, the battery had to shrink a little in physical dimension.

Sometimes, a detail in a post can be taken the wrong way.  I have three daughters, so I deal with words that “go in edgewise” on a regular basis. One of my daughters will give that evil stare of doom at her sister, when a comment goes wrong…

Regarding that Clip that has travelled through a wormhole to the other side of the country, I am sorry to hear that.  The new call center will work the kinks out. It just ■■■■■ when your personal stuff is caught in that kink!!

Fear not, there’s a paper trail. They’ll get a replacement out to you!  Be sure to give them your current information and case number.  Was there another person with the same name as yours?

Bob  :dizzy_face: