Creating a playlist with songs on internal and sd card?

Just wondering, but has anyone been able to create a playlist that contains songs on both the internal memory and sd card? Specifically, in MSC mode, when I drag a playlist over to the sd card, only the songs on the external memory show in the playlist. Additionally, if I drag that same playlist over the the internal memory, only the songs on the internal memory show in the playlist.

In MTP mode you can’t create a playlist that accesses both the external and internal memory, as the external memory shows up as a second player. 

Message Edited by schnarky42 on 09-20-2009 07:20 PM

I’m able to create playlists of both internal and external memory songs, utilizing the right click / create playlist feature.  This creates a .pla playlist file.  And this was in MTP.

@hulksmashnow wrote:
I’m able to create playlists of both internal and external memory songs, utilizing the right click / create playlist feature.  This creates a .pla playlist file.  And this was in MTP.

Could you elaborate a bit on what program you use to accomplish this? I’ve tried winamp and Sony Media Go, and in MTP mode the songs get transfered with the playlist onto either the internal memory or sd card.

@schnarky42 wrote:

@hulksmashnow wrote:

Could you elaborate a bit on what program you use to accomplish this? I’ve tried winamp and Sony Media Go, and in MTP mode the songs get transfered with the playlist onto either the internal memory or sd card.

Sure!  I just use Windows Explorer.  In my Clip+'s internal memory or external memory, I right click on a song and then select “Create Playlist” from the drop down menu.  I then name the playlist and double-click on it.  It opens up a playlist editor window in which I drag more songs into and then arrange them however I want.  You can also highlight a number of songs and create a playlist in the same way, or right click on a folder in your player’s memory and create a playlist that way to.  

I hope that helps you.