Connecting to PC and can't stop the music player

Hi. I’m having an issue. When I plug my Sansa Clip into my PC to recharge, the player comes on and I can’t figure out how to turn it off. Am I doing something wrong? The player was off when I plugged it in, but automatically came on when I plugged the USB port in. I’ve only had the player a couple of days.

When  you have an active USB connection the player will show the connected screens and will charge in parallel.

If you connect a standard USB mini b AC adapter  (common for cell phones),  the device screen will be off and the device will be charging.

So in essence,  charging from PC will show the connected screens.

Maybe I wasn’t 100% clear. The music is actually playing. It does show the battery charging at the top of the screen, but the screen does not say connected. This is when I’m connected to the computer.

You should be able to pause the music.  The device should stay on while its charging.  It does not charge if its off.

“If you connect a standard USB mini b AC adapter  (common for cell phones),  the device screen will be off and the device will be charging.”

Is the Clip supposed to be off when an AC adapter is used for charging?

“_ When I plug my Sansa Clip into my PC to recharge, the player comes on and I can’t figure out how to turn it off. Am I doing something wrong? The player was off when I plugged it in, but automatically came on when I plugged the USB port in.”_

I have the same problem.  Sometimes it takes repeated attempts at plugging in the USB port before it goes into the “proper connected/charging” mode.

it should turn on when connecting to a charger.  if it doesnt, then its like the express, which needs to be on, when connected to a dedicated USB Charger.

i just bought a sansa clip last night and plugged it in to charge while i went to sleep but when i woke up this morning the battery was dead and it isnt charging when i plug it into my computer. does anybody know what the problem is?

Some PCs have low power USB ports (I believe for devices like keyboards and mice) as well as high power USB ports.  I don’t know if this is an issue with the Sansa Clip, but some MP3 players come with the recommendation that they be plugged into a high power USB port for charging.