Computer > Clip+ > Properties > Power doesn't update on Win7?

Hi,

I’ve used a Clip plus for a while on a Vista box. When I would click Computer > Clip+ > Properties > Power would always update to show the Clip+ charging – meaning, the % would increase until it hit 100% (I would have to close/reopen the Properties dialog to get the new %).

However, I’m not using it on a Win7 box, and now the % seems to stay whatever it was when I first plugged it in.

Is there some “trick” to getting the % to update on Win7?

Thanks!

It’s a known issue with Win 7. It has nothing to do with the player.

Bummer, it’s useful – is there any indication regarding who is supposed to fix what, in order to get that working again?

I really like Win 7, but the charge status bug drives me crazy.  When the device is first connected, the charge status us read, and never updates until the device is cycled, meaning that the enumeration / mount device process starts from scratch.

In other words, y’all has to do some unpluggin’ to get a status update.  Some system, isn’t it? With XP , you can simply close the Properties box and reopen it for a battery update.  The Device Stage  feature of Windows 7  is so cool, but that charge status doesn’t update.

I have checked the behavior with the e200 platform as well, so it’s most certainly not a problem with the device.  Taking the sansas to an XP host PC, the status updates on all devices as long as the propertis box is closed first.

Bob  :wink:

I never bothered to worry about this. If the player is plugged in, just look at the battery icon, and you can tell if it is done charging or still charging…it doesn’t take that long to charge.

@marvin_martian wrote:

I never bothered to worry about this. If the player is plugged in, just look at the battery icon, and you can tell if it is done charging or still charging…it doesn’t take that long to charge.

Anf this method (Properties battery level) isn’t even available unless you’re connected in MTP mode.

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

And this method (Properties battery level) isn’t even available unless you’re connected in MTP mode.

Well, it would never work for me then.:wink:

I use Auto for MTP/MSC and I have a mix of MP3s, FLACs, and Rhapsody files – on Vista it updated the % charged, and that was useful.

Waiting for the Clip to show the 100% battery icon just isn’t the same. For example “ok, it’s now at 85%” is good enough.

@turnstyle wrote:

I use Auto for MTP/MSC and I have a mix of MP3s, FLACs, and Rhapsody files – on Vista

Wow . . . you’re a glutton for punishment, aren’t you? :stuck_out_tongue: