Clip wont play

Have a 4gig sansa clip and it cannont get it to play.  when its turned on, it goes to the last thing I was listening to.  its paused and when I unpause it, it stays at 00:00 and does nothing when I press play.  Firmware is up-to-date and tried resetting it.  Still wont work.  What to do?

Have you tried a reformat from the Clip?  That sometimes can help.  Note:  it will delete any content on your player–transfer it to your computer first. 

I’ve just experienced exactly the same issue. I thought my 8GB Sansa was hosed.

I’d only just updated to the latest  2.01.35 firmware. I’d only gotten thorugh about three MP3’s when the problem hit.

I’d tried Reset All, Format and then reinstalling the firmware. All to no avail. In the end I completely reformatted the Sansa flash as FAT32 and flashed the firmware back into the Clip.

It took quite a few attempts, but eventually it started working again. I think that it probably wasn’t the firmware upgrade, but that the flash memory is starting to fail.

One thing I found was that I couldn’t reformat the flash memory on the PC that I usually connect the clip to. I had to do the reformat on a laptop.

@shadows_magick wrote:
Have a 4gig sansa clip and it cannont get it to play.  when its turned on, it goes to the last thing I was listening to.  its paused and when I unpause it, it stays at 00:00 and does nothing when I press play.  Firmware is up-to-date and tried resetting it.  Still wont work.  What to do?

This has happened to me a few times with both my Clip and my Fuze. It looks like the player is frozen, right? What I do to cure the problem is hold the power switch in the upper (ON/OFF) position for about 20-30 seconds. This restarts the player at the point where I last left off and everything functions normally. I’ve never had to format the player to cure this issue.

Well, I wish I had of known that. That owuld have saved me a lot of hassle.