Highlighted
SanDisk User

Clip+ with an OLED Display?

Sorry if this is a stupid question (its not stupid to me, but I'm a newbie here, still).

I've been shopping for a Clip+ on eBay, and came across this ad listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400238403325

So, can someone please tell me, is this thing for REAL? I was under the impression that all Clip and Clip+ models had TEXT ONLY display screens.

I just want to be sure this is a genuine Sansa MP3 Player, and not some cheap knock-off, before I consider buying it.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Re: Clip+ with an OLED Display?

yes, the clip+ comes with a 2 tone OLED display. it's not what you think, it's only 2 colors. Nothing to brag about. why would you buy a refurb for $50 when a new one costs a few dollars more.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Cool. Thanks, much appreciated.

Yeah, you're right. I'll have to keep looking. But I am on a very tight budget, though. I'll probably just get a used one, most likely.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Also, note that the new Clip Zip has come out--you can read about it in the Clip Zip forum.  SanDisk is having a "special" on purchasing it over the next week. 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Looks like it would pretty nearly be the perfect mix between the Clip+ and Fuze+ players.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

OK, Miikerman, I guess I'm going to have to ask you for a specific link to that "special" offer you are talking about. I knew about the CZ, itself, which was what I was referring to when I answered your last post. But what I did NOT realize was that there was a "special" going on. . .guess I should have read the whole post before responding Smiley Sad

Anyway, I have searched a couple of threads, and have not found it yet. Can you send me a link to it, please?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/parentCategoryID.11442300...

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Perfect. Thank you!! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Louis126 wrote:

So, can someone please tell me, is this thing for REAL? I was under the impression that all Clip and Clip+ models had TEXT ONLY display screens.

The display on the clip+ is text only except for the icons.  The picture that's shown on the screen in the ad is very misleading.  It's not that colorful and the only colors that show on the clip+ are yellow and blue, with blue being the main color for text and icons.  The clip+ does not display album art nor photos and everything is shown on a black background.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

LOL!!!

This (eBay listing) seems to be a very crappy notorius case of false advertising, from a seller I will absolutely NOT ever purchase anything from. Period.

Thank you so much for that clarification Smiley Happy