Clip+ with an OLED Display?

Sorry if this is a stupid question (its not stupid to me, but I’m a newbie here, still).

I’ve been shopping for a Clip+ on eBay, and came across this ad listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400238403325

So, can someone please tell me, is this thing for REAL? I was under the impression that all Clip and Clip+ models had TEXT ONLY display screens.

I just want to be sure this is a genuine Sansa MP3 Player, and not some cheap knock-off, before I consider buying it.

yes, the clip+ comes with a 2 tone OLED display. it’s not what you think, it’s only 2 colors. Nothing to brag about. why would you buy a refurb for $50 when a new one costs a few dollars more.

Cool. Thanks, much appreciated.

Yeah, you’re right. I’ll have to keep looking. But I am on a very tight budget, though. I’ll probably just get a used one, most likely.

Also, note that the new Clip Zip has come out–you can read about it in the Clip Zip forum.  SanDisk is having a “special” on purchasing it over the next week. 

Yeah, I’m aware of that. Looks like it would pretty nearly be the perfect mix between the Clip+ and Fuze+ players.

OK, Miikerman, I guess I’m going to have to ask you for a specific link to that “special” offer you are talking about. I knew about the CZ, itself, which was what I was referring to when I answered your last post. But what I did NOT realize was that there was a “special” going on. . .guess I should have read the whole post before responding :cry:

Anyway, I have searched a couple of threads, and have not found it yet. Can you send me a link to it, please?

http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/parentCategoryID.11442300/categoryID.56763800

Perfect. Thank you!! :smiley:

@louis126 wrote:

So, can someone please tell me, is this thing for REAL? I was under the impression that all Clip and Clip+ models had TEXT ONLY display screens.

The display on the clip+ is text only except for the icons.  The picture that’s shown on the screen in the ad is very misleading.  It’s not that colorful and the only colors that show on the clip+ are yellow and blue, with blue being the main color for text and icons.  The clip+ does not display album art nor photos and everything is shown on a black background.

LOL!!!

This (eBay listing) seems to be a very crappy notorius case of false advertising, from a seller I will absolutely NOT ever purchase anything from. Period.

Thank you so much for that clarification :smiley:

@conversionbox wrote:

http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/parentCategoryID.11442300/categoryID.56763800

@louis126:  And be sure to register with SanDisk first and get 10% off your first purchase!  Go fer it!   :slight_smile:

http://shop.sandisk.com/store?Action=DisplayHomePage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=sdiskus&ThemeID=9295600

@mags1230 wrote:

@louis126 wrote:

The display on the clip+ is text only except for the icons.  The picture that’s shown on the screen in the ad is very misleading.  It’s not that colorful and the only colors that show on the clip+ are yellow and blue, with blue being the main color for text and icons.  The clip+ does not display album art nor photos and everything is shown on a black background.

Computer Geeks, the seller, is better than that and really screwed up, using a photoshopped image.  Has been called to its attention . . . .

50 bucks is way too much for someone else’s problem (re-furb). You’re better off buying a new one with a warranty. For the same money, you can get a 4GB one with the free travel case and shipping from the SanDisk store.

For only $20 more, you can get the 8GB model.

On Amazon a new 8GB Clip+ is only $54.99 with free shipping. So a refurb probably isn’t worth more than around $30-35. Do yourself a favor though and buy a new one.

Wow, where should I start?

First, the Clip+ has a two-tone yellow / blue OLED display, with the top status line in yellow.

Second, check out the prices on a brand new one with a full year warranty.

Third, SanDisk does not offer “factory refurbished” Sansas, only new devices.  Refurbished devices come from a separate source.  These little guys are tough; many “refurbished” ones are simply devices that were returned due to an operational / software / computer interaction issue, and there is nothing wrong with the device itself.

The new Clip Zip does have a full color display, it’s really nice.  The difference in price isn’t all that large between these choices.  I’d hate to see you run into a bad situation with an eBay seller, with no real warranty to speak of.

Bob  :wink:

I’ve seen the same image the ebay seller posted used on other sites, including merchants I consider completely trustworthy. It may have been intentionally deceptive, or it could simply be a case of “I’ve never even turned this thing on, but I have a palette of them to sell. I’ll just grab a picture off the web to show what it looks like.”

The seller, Computer Geeks, changed the listing appropriately this morning.  My impression was, the company just didn’t know, as gwk1967 suggested.  (By the way, the seller has great deals at its namesake website–have purchased from them before.)  

@miikerman wrote:

The seller, Computer Geeks, changed the listing appropriately this morning.  My impression was, the company just didn’t know, as gwk1967 suggested.  (By the way, the seller has great deals at its namesake website–have purchased from them before.)  

Yes, usinig “stock” photos can sometimes back-fire. The new image is indeed more accurate, and I commend Compter Geeks for changing it to be more representative of the product they are offering for sale.

However, I still contend 50 bucks is way too much money for an 8 gig re-furb.

Well, now I feel bad for what I said about them earlier then :cry:

Anyway, sounds like it was an honest mistake on their part. But at least I got the answer to my question :smiley:

But hey, think of the others that you helped in the end, in not buying something thinking that it is capable of things it is not!   :slight_smile: