Clip + or Clip Zip ?

Hello there, 

I was the lucky owner of a Sansa Clip + for the past two years, and I loved it, it went with me everywhere.

Unfortnuately, today it fell from my jacket lapel where it was clipped, somewhere between my flat and the train station, and I haven’t been able to find it :'( 

So I’m online to buy a new one, and I’ve just discovered the existence of the Clip Zip.

I’m a bit torn, so I’m asking for advice.

I was really used to my Clip +, and I’m not really interested in any of the new features from the Clip Zip except the alphabetical navigation :( 

I would LOVE alphabetical navigation. That was the only feature I missed when I switched form my Ipod to the Clip +. 

Is there any chance of said navigation being included in firmware update for the Clip + ?  

Is the battery life going to be as good on the Clip Zip even with the bigger screen ? 

Any words of advice would be great.

I don’t think you’ll see alphabetical navigation on the Clip+…it probably won’t get many, if any, more firmware updates, either.

The battery life is pretty similar to me,from what I remember… although I can’t make a direct comparison because my Clip+ is two years old now.

I recommend getting another clip+.  It’s a great little player, as you already know.  :smiley:

I will recommend you to go with Clip Zip,because you have already used one product,try something new it will feel you good.

The 2 players are, of course, very similar.  A few things to note:

–  Unlikely that the Clip+ will be getting firmware upgrades, as the Clip Zip has come out.

–  The Clip Zip what’s playing screen currently lacks certain of the file info. shown on the Clip+ screen. 

I’m selling my Clip+ and replacing it with a second Clip Zip. :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny, if given the chance (or the neccessity) I’d sell my Zip and replace it with another Clip+.

Different strokes for different folks. :smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

Funny, if given the chance (or the neccessity) I’d sell my Zip and replace it with another Clip+.

Very true!

Just got email confirmation that my blue Zip has shipped!:smileyvery-happy:

I think I will play it safe and go for another Clip + :wink:

Thanks for all your replies !

@tapeworm wrote:

You could have sold it to Marvin.  :wink:

I tried to trade-in my fuze (it’s two years old) on Amazon, but it was rejected as “no audio”.  I think that’s a bogus reason.  It was returned to me and it works fine.  :neutral_face:  As least I didn’t lose anything trying to trade it in.

And here are my twins!:wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

And here are my twins!:wink:

Since they are two different colors, I would consider getting a paternity test if I were you.  :wink:

Hey Marvin; with the ClipZip’s larger screen, is reading the RockBox menu any easier than on the Clip+. Are the letters any larger or is there just more stuff on the screen with the same size letters. Thanks,  Mark S

@mscoff wrote:

Are the letters any larger or is there just more stuff on the screen with the same size letters. Thanks,  Mark S

You can set the text size to whatever you want.