Clip + or Clip Zip ?

Hello there, 

I was the lucky owner of a Sansa Clip + for the past two years, and I loved it, it went with me everywhere.

Unfortnuately, today it fell from my jacket lapel where it was clipped, somewhere between my flat and the train station, and I haven't been able to find it :'( 

So I'm online to buy a new one, and I've just discovered the existence of the Clip Zip.

I'm a bit torn, so I'm asking for advice.

I was really used to my Clip +, and I'm not really interested in any of the new features from the Clip Zip except the alphabetical navigation Smiley Sad 

I would LOVE alphabetical navigation. That was the only feature I missed when I switched form my Ipod to the Clip +. 

Is there any chance of said navigation being included in firmware update for the Clip + ?  

Is the battery life going to be as good on the Clip Zip even with the bigger screen ? 

Any words of advice would be great.

SanDisk Guru

Re: Clip + or Clip Zip ?

I don't think you'll see alphabetical navigation on the Clip+......it probably won't get many, if any, more firmware updates, either.

The battery life is pretty similar to me,from what I remember..... although I can't make a direct comparison because my Clip+ is two years old now.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

I recommend getting another clip+.  It's a great little player, as you already know.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I will recommend you to go with Clip Zip,because you have already used one product,try something new it will feel you good.

The 2 players are, of course, very similar.  A few things to note:

--  Unlikely that the Clip+ will be getting firmware upgrades, as the Clip Zip has come out.

--  The Clip Zip what's playing screen currently lacks certain of the file info. shown on the Clip+ screen. 

SanDisk Guru

I'm selling my Clip+ and replacing it with a second Clip Zip. Smiley Tongue

2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

Funny, if given the chance (or the neccessity) I'd sell my Zip and replace it with another Clip+.

Different strokes for different folks. Smiley Happy

SanDisk Guru

@Tapeworm wrote:

Funny, if given the chance (or the neccessity) I'd sell my Zip and replace it with another Clip+.

Very true!

Just got email confirmation that my blue Zip has shipped!Smiley Very Happy

I think I will play it safe and go for another Clip + Smiley Wink

Thanks for all your replies !

SanDisk Guru

@Tapeworm wrote:

You could have sold it to Marvin.  Smiley Wink

I tried to trade-in my fuze (it's two years old) on Amazon, but it was rejected as "no audio".  I think that's a bogus reason.  It was returned to me and it works fine.  Smiley Indifferent  As least I didn't lose anything trying to trade it in.