Clip not charging properly

I have had my 2g clip for about 18 months now. It worked fine up until about a week ago, even using a USB hub. Now when I plug it into my computer it does not charge properly. If I have enough battery life it connects and acts just fine, but the battery continues to drain (even though I get the charging indicator animation). Once the battery is drained it goes into a connect disconnect cycle. So far the workaround I have found is if I plug the Sansa in, then quickly put my computer into sleep mode, it will charge. However, this is not an ideal solution, since it means I can’t be using my computer for anything else at the same time. I have attempted to use all USB ports on my laptop and it doesn’t make a difference.

The laptop I am using is less then 6 months old and running Windows 7 RC1, I do not have easy access to a wall charger, since I am currently in a deployed location.  I also prefer to use USB, so I don’t need to worry about finding the proper outlet.  Any suggestions would be appreaciated.  I have been successfully connecting the Sansa to this laptop and a desktop at home for the past 6 months using Windows 7, but thought I would mention it in case anyone else has had issued there.

Keith 

new sansa fuse took 8 hours to charge and only went to 89%.  Started at 37%,after 3 hours still displed 37%. When i unplugged and re plugged the device it  went to 53% on the pc display. I did this 4 more times with last ds

display 93% .another hour of charging it droped to the current 89%. After10 minites of basic scrolling around to see the features the battery bar went down considerable .Checked the pc screen showed to have 75% remaining. this does not seem normal Please advise ,got it on amazon Thanks  .           Harold                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

You might want to post your question in the Fuze forum–you mistakenly posted in the Clip/Clip+ forum.

But if the Fuze is like the Clips, the battery icon and charge level reporting feature can be vastly inaacurate.  You might look under System Settings Info. screen, under the Settings menu, for battery charge info.–at least with the Clips, this can provide more accurate info.

Also, be sure that you have the latest firmware installed on your player, which will have the latest features and bug fixes.  (You can see your current firmware version number on the Info. screen.)  You can download the latest firmware from the Fuze or Fuze+ forum (go to the forum for your player)–at the top of each forum, in the sticky threads at the top, there is a firmware upgrade thread which includes a link for the latest firmware along with simple instructions as to how to install it on your player.

Hope this helps some–

You might want to post your question in the Fuze forum–you mistakenly posted in the Clip/Clip+ forum.

But if the Fuze is like the Clips, the battery icon and charge level reporting feature can be vastly inaacurate.  You might look under the System Settings Info. screen, under the Settings menu, for battery charge info.–at least with the Clips, this can provide more accurate info.

Also, as a general matter, be sure that you have the latest firmware installed on your player, which will have the latest features and bug fixes.  (You can see your current firmware version number on the Info. screen.)  You can download the latest firmware from the Fuze or Fuze+ forum (go to the forum for your player)–at the top of each forum, in the sticky threads at the top, there is a firmware upgrade thread that includes a link for the latest firmware, along with simple instructions as to how to install it on your player.  

The Fuze forum for your player also may have further info.–some people report that the battery gauge starts behaving more normally after 3-4 charge cycles.

Hope this helps some–