Clip doesn't start, but connection to PC is OK.

I have a strange problem.

My Sansa Clip 2GB felt on the ground. It was nothing to me, it wasn't the first time. It was turned OFF. Few hours later, I decided to turn it on - I couldn't.

I thought that, the battery was out, so when I came home, I plugged it to my PC. I got the connection without any problems. It started to charge - "It's OK" - I thought. But few hours later - I unplugged it. And I still can't turn it on.

It works, even play music, when it's plugged to any source of electricity, I can transfer files without any problems, but I can't turn it on, when it's unplugged.

Any suggestions? Maybe someone know how to open the cover and get to battery?

Sorry for my English - It's in poor condition, but I do my best/
SanDisk User

Re: Clip doesn't start, but connection to PC is OK.

The first thing I would try, if you haven't already, is to reset the Clip by pressing up the power/reset switch for 15 seconds.  Then try turning it on.

Unfortunatelly, I've tried  it - it doesn't work.

The funny thing is that - the "reset" works, when player is plugged, but it doesn't when it's not.

Thanks for trying to help me Smiley Happy
SanDisk Guru

I think your battery wire is broken,  unfortunately.

I thought about it.

Any way to open the player? I would handle to assemble it, but I don't have any idea how to open.
SanDisk Guru

As you probably know, the case is not made to be opened.  However, people have done it--you may want to do a search in the Clip forum at anythingbutipod.com for posts where people have done so. 

[ Edited ]
Fortunatelly, I've opened it, without any damage, probably I am the first Smiley Happy

But, as we thought, the black wire is unplugged. Any ideas? The solder is necessary?
Message Edited by lemisz on 09-29-2008 11:09 AM
Message Edited by lemisz on 09-29-2008 11:36 AM
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]
Any chance that it's just the on/off switch that's broken?
Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 09-29-2008 02:47 PM

No, the switch works when the player is plugged. Now, I have disassembled player (without damaging it - "I am the mastah") - two of the wires - black and red aren't on their places. I mean the wires between the battery and the player. I am afraid that the solder would be needed - what would be very hard, because the wires and the places for them are VERY small. Am I right?
SanDisk Guru

Solder is needed.