Clip+ buttons are too senstive than they should

Clip+ buttons are too senstive than they should. When I have the Clip+ in a shirt or jacket pocket playing, there are times when the player gets paused. Why? Because the player got some pressure whih pushed a button. This can happen like when I have the player in my jeans pocket and I am leaning. The player gets some pressure and i stops playing. it’s annoying.

I have the older Clip player (the one with the round middle button) and it seldon have this issue. The flat and bigger surface area button on the Clip+ are too senstive from some extra unintentional pressure. The older Clip was better in that regard.

I hope the Clip engineers consider this in their new version.

have you tried the Lock function of the Clip+? :smiley:

“All function keys will be disabled once Lock is engaged by pressing-and-holding the Home button once while the player is powered on. All the buttons on the Sansa® Clip+ MP3 player will not operate when Lock is active.”

@jamieson wrote:

have you tried the Lock function of the Clip+? :smiley:

“All function keys will be disabled once Lock is engaged by pressing-and-holding the Home button once while the player is powered on. All the buttons on the Sansa® Clip+ MP3 player will not operate when Lock is active.”

it’s amazing what you can discover if you read the manual

I usually skip through a commercial (in podcasts) by forwarding without looking at the screen.  I do this while the player is in the pocket. To unlock, fast forward and lock every time to skip is a hassle. Plus there are times when that sequence gets messed up and then I have to get the player out to fix it.

I don’t have an ultra-sensitivity issue but then, I don’t keep the player in my pocket (I’d be afraid the player could break, especially the screen). 

If it’s in a pocket by itself I don’t see how it can break. It would break if there’s a ton of hard pressure on it and I don’t see where that would come from inside a soft pocket.

Ah–from bending.  If a device can break on me, it will–why all my players live in cases.

@abdu wrote:

Clip+ buttons are too senstive than they should. When I have the Clip+ in a shirt or jacket pocket playing, there are times when the player gets paused. Why? Because the player got some pressure whih pushed a button. This can happen like when I have the player in my jeans pocket and I am leaning. The player gets some pressure and i stops playing. it’s annoying.

I’ve never experienced over-sensitivity with any of my Clip+'s buttons. In fact, just the opposite. They require a firm, direct press to initiate the command desired. But I’ve also never put one in my jeans pocket either. That’s why there’s a “clip” on the back of it; so you don’t have to jam it in a pocket, just clip it on the outside where you have easy access to the controls. :wink:

@miikerman wrote:

Ah–from bending.  If a device can break on me, it will–why all my players live in cases.

Unless you have a metal case for your Clip/Clip+, it’s not going to add any appreciable bending protection over the player itself. Silicone skins certainly wouldn’t, and a hard plastic case wouldn’t be any stronger plastic than the Clip itself. I never put mine in a jeans pocket, but I wouldn’t do that with any player.

The clip/Clip+ are rugged little suckers…drop them, they are so light that they just harmlessly bounce. They’re quite scratch-resistant, too…I’d never waste the money for a case for one…simply unnecessary.:wink:

I am thinking of how the Clip+ would crack from me bending and I can’t.

@abdu wrote:

i would imagine, from extra pressure on the LCD/screen and the case as a whole. 

@marvin_martian wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Unless you have a metal case for your Clip/Clip+, it’s not going to add any appreciable bending protection over the player itself. Silicone skins certainly wouldn’t, and a hard plastic case wouldn’t be any stronger plastic than the Clip itself. I never put mine in a jeans pocket, but I wouldn’t do that with any player.

The clip/Clip+ are rugged little suckers…drop them, they are so light that they just harmlessly bounce. They’re quite scratch-resistant, too…I’d never waste the money for a case for one…simply unnecessary.:wink:

For me, they are an extra level of protection, helping to protect from falls (a neoprene case I have adds wonderful cushioning) and from scratches. 

@miikerman wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

For me, they are an extra level of protection, helping to protect from falls (a neoprene case I have adds wonderful cushioning) and from scratches. 

Agreed 100%.  Personally, I would never own a player and not protect it in some way.  And as an extra benefit, the silicone skins give the player a “grippy” feel which makes it more secure in your hands.

In my mind, it’s like buying a new car and not protecting the finish with wax, or going out in the cold without a coat.  Sure, you could do it, but why?

@abdu wrote:

Apparently, some part of you is pressing against your player hard enough to press the buttons to get it to go into “pause”.  The player can be damaged from repeated and frequent pressure against it , if it’s hard enough.  A section of the player will slowly weaken and sooner or later that part of the player will just give way and crack.

I think it’s called a “stress fracture”, if I can use that term with a dap.

I don’t have the original clip, but if you take a look at the click wheel, does it curve further into the player than the clip+ does?