Clip battery appears to have died but wires look to be fine

My Clip seems to have died. It turns on when I plug it in to my pc and says that the battery is full but as soon as I unplug it the screen turns off and it doesn’t respond to anything. I have tried the reset and leaving a few days but still nothing. I googled a bit and found that some people said this had happened to them and that it was because one of the battery wires had become dislodged.

So, with nothing to lose, I decided to have a look inside my Clip. The three solder points look to be intact on the board as well as the points in the little board on the battery. Is there anything else I can try? I love the clip and have very little money to buy a new one so I will try anything to get this working again.

Did you try the hard reset? I seem to remember it was merely holding the power button for a minute but you can google it. It worked for me when I had the same problem. 

whinestein wrote:

_ Did you try the hard reset? _ I seem to remember it was merely holding the power button for a minute but you can google it. It worked for me when I had the same problem. 

qwerter wrote:

My Clip seems to have died. It turns on when I plug it in to my pc and says that the battery is full but as soon as I unplug it the screen turns off and it doesn’t respond to anything. I have tried the reset and leaving a few days but still nothing. I googled a bit and found that some people said this had happened to them and that it was because one of the battery wires had become dislodged.

I’d say that’s a yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

@whinestein wrote:

Did you try the hard reset? 

I did yes, along with a few other attempts (pressing home button, centre button etc) and it didn’t help.

Could be a dead battery or a bad regulator in the battery charging circuit. I guess if you’ve got a voltmeter you could see if the battery itself has a charge.

@saratoga wrote:
Could be a dead battery or a bad regulator in the battery charging circuit. I guess if you’ve got a voltmeter you could see if the battery itself has a charge.

Unfortunately, I don’t have one of those so I suppose it would just be easier to buy a new one.