Clip+ and Class 10 microSD card - it it work?

Hi!

I’d like to ask you what is your experience with Class 10 card on Clip+ (both with Rockbox and Official Firmware)?
Are they any known issues/compatibility problems? I’ve heard cards above Class 4 could be problematic on C+. Is it true?

I’ve already ordered 16 GB Class 10 card for my C+, so I’m a bit anxious whether it works not not. Would buying Class 4 be a safer bet?

@juhaz wrote:

I’d like to ask you what is your experience with Class 10 card on Clip+ (both with Rockbox and Official Firmware)?
Are they any known issues/compatibility problems? I’ve heard cards above Class 4 could be problematic on C+. Is it true?

Yes.

@juhaz wrote:

I’ve already ordered 16 GB Class 10 card for my C+, so I’m a bit anxious whether it works not not. Would buying Class 4 be a safer bet?

Yes.

Class 10 cards are designed for high-speed digital cameras and are over-kill for mp3 players and yes, has caused problems in Sansa players and some phones. This post may shed more light on this subject.

so better to withdraw my order for Class 10 card and buy any class 4 (or even 2) one instead, right?

I’m concerned about time needed to copy (write) music files onto the card - with Class 10 card it would be much quicker than Class 2/4.

Would using separate card reader (via USB) be faster to copy files into memory card than using built-in player card reader? Or would speed be the same?

juhaz wrote:

I’m concerned about time needed to copy (write) music files onto the card - with Class 10 card it would be much quicker than Class 2/4.

If you load the card with it in the player, class or speed of the card won’t matter. The transfer speed will be limited by the player. Class 2 or 4 is just fine.

Besides, if you encounter problems with the Class 10 card (as others have), is all this time-savings really worth it? Doesn’t matter how quickly you loaded the card if you can’t use it reliably. :wink:

@juhaz wrote:

Would using separate card reader (via USB) be faster to copy files into memory card than using built-in player card reader?

Yes. But you can always set up the transfer (highlight the files and initiate the Copy to command) and go have dinner or watch a movie. It’s not like it’s going to take days. :confounded:

Free shipping cute soft coral fleece baby girl Dresses…

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-cute-soft-coral-fleece-baby-girl-Dresses-Autumn-winter-Jackets-6pcs-lot/109717_717003113.html

@juhaz wrote:

so better to withdraw my order for Class 10 card and buy any class 4 (or even 2) one instead, right?

Would using separate card reader (via USB) be faster to copy files into memory card than using built-in player card reader? Or would speed be the same?

Or, if you can return the card if it doesn’t play well with the Clip (some cards are just fine, apparently), try the card out first.