Clip Zip is awesome, but the screen is sideways

I recently upgraded from a Clip+ to a Clip Zip, and everything about it is even better than before, except the screen is sideways for polarized sunglasses. Every other portable device I own (phones, MP3 players, tablets, etc.) seem to have installed their screens with polarized glasses in mind, but I have to rotate the Clip Zip 90 degrees in order to see the screen with my glasses on.

I know this is a longshot, but if I were to open the Clip Zip and physically rotate the screen, is there anything in the firmware that allows me to rotate the screen 90 degrees? Failing that, can anyone think of a way to rectify this problem?

Actually, this should probably be moved into the Clip Zip section. Mea culpa.

@thealmightyguru wrote:

I know this is a longshot, but if I were to open the Clip Zip and physically rotate the screen, is there anything in the firmware that allows me to rotate the screen 90 degrees? Failing that, can anyone think of a way to rectify this problem?

No, you cannot physically rotate the screen.

No, even if you could, there’s nothing in the firmware that would allow you to rotate the imaging.

Other than pulling your sunglasses down when you look at the screen no, I can’t think of anything. Polarizing lenses work the way they work. You can’t change that. Same with the Clip Zip’s screen.

@thealmightyguru wrote:

No, you cannot physically rotate the screen.

No, even if you could, there’s nothing in the firmware that would allow you to rotate the imaging.

Other than pulling your sunglasses down (or raising them up) and looking with your naked eyes at the screen or getting a pair of non-polarized sunglasses no, I can’t think of anything. Polarizing lenses work the way they work. You can’t change that. Same with the Clip Zip’s screen.

Thanks for the info. It’s not a huge problem, it’s just a hassle to have to deal with it. Hopefully, with their next device they will rectify this problem.