Clip Plus skipping half way through song

Hello,

I have the sansa clip+ (with the latest firmware update).

I have ONE song which when it gets to the SAME point in the song , half way through it , all the sudden starts the next song. It is only for this one song and when I play the song on media player (windows) it doesnot happen. Ive tried re-dumping the song on the clip but it still happens. When played on windows MP there is a very slight hicup but barely noticable,

Has this been noticed before and is there a fix besides re-ripping the song?

Cheers

Sounds like there’s a corrupt spot in the file. There’s no way to fix it that I klnow of without re-rippiing it.

Cheers,

If there is any way of the Sandisk techs to consider this for a firmware fix if possible, as the file is practically OK when run under Win MPlayer / other players.

Cheers

@troyboy78 wrote:

Cheers,

If there is any way of the Sandisk techs to consider this for a firmware fix if possible, as the file is practically OK when run under Win MPlayer / other players.

Cheers

“Practically OK” isn’t good enoough for these little guys. They don’t have the same resources your PC does. This isn’t a matter that any firmware update would fix. The glitch is in the file. Just re-rip it. It will probably take all of 3 minutes (maybe 5 if you include re-loading onto your player).

Re-ripping a single song hardly takes any time at all.  You’d probably spend more time eating a sandwich than it’ll take to re-rip it and load it back onto the player. :wink:

Also, check the CD.  Maybe there’s a slight scratch on it that caused the hiccuping in the first place.