Clip Plus malfunctioning

I’ve had my Clip Plus less than a month. The first thing I noticed, is that when I used the Clip Plus with a silicone skin on it, the Clip Plus would stop suddenly and need resetting. So, I stopped using the silicone skin. A week or two later, I noticed that periodically, the Clip Plus would be hot to the touch on the front and when it was so, the screen would be blank. If I turned it off for a few minutes, the case would return to a normal temperature and the screen would start working again.  I’m thinking I should return it because I am thinking it is defective. Do you agree?

@souriete wrote:

I’ve had my Clip Plus less than a month. The first thing I noticed, is that when I used the Clip Plus with a silicone skin on it, the Clip Plus would stop suddenly and need resetting. So, I stopped using the silicone skin. A week or two later, I noticed that periodically, the Clip Plus would be hot to the touch on the front and when it was so, the screen would be blank. If I turned it off for a few minutes, the case would return to a normal temperature and the screen would start working again.  I’m thinking I should return it because I am thinking it is defective. Do you agree?

I’m thinking you’re right.

The Clips play fine with a case on them–if yours is heating up, it’s defective.  If convenient to do, exchange where you purchased the player; otherwise, I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this, for a warranty replacement (which SanDisk is good about).  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

Thanks for confirming my judgement.