Clip+ Player will freeze when connected to USB port

Hello,

I’ve started having this problem today. I connected my Clip+ to my USB hub so I could add some songs to it. It seemed to go into data mode, but then it froze (because I saw the battery indicator was blacked out, as if there were no battery). My computer didn’t see any connected device, so I assume the connection failed. My Clip+ connected fine earlier – even in the early morning. Now it will not.

I’ve also tried the USB ports on my computer, different ports on the USB hub, and the same results. I took out the SD card (thinking that might be the problem), and the same results. 

Any ideas on why the Clip+ would freeze? I’ve had the player for 2.5 years now. Is it just wearing out? 

Thanks for any help. 

reply because I can’t edit the original post:

Hello,

I’ve started having this problem today (4th December 2016).

I connected my Clip+ to my USB hub so I could add some songs to it. It seemed to go into data mode, but then it froze (because I saw the battery indicator was blacked out, as if there were no battery). My computer didn’t see any connected device, so I assume the connection failed.

My Clip+ connected fine earlier – even in the early morning. Now it will not.

I’ve also tried the right end USB port on my computer, the 2nd and 3rd ports on the USB hub, and I got the same result. I took out the SD card (thinking that might be the problem), and still the same result.

When the Clip+ freezes, I press the power button for about 10 seconds so that it will turn off. Upon turning it on again, (after the connecting attempt, that is) it will say “Refreshing your media”, as if it had been in data mode.

But the problem is that the player did not connect properly, since the computer couldn’t see it.

Any ideas on why the Clip+ would freeze when trying to connect to my PC? I’ve had the player for 2.5 years now. Is it just wearing out?

The Clip+ is running firmware V01.02.18.A, and the SD card is a Kingston 8GB MicroSD class 4 card. USB mode is on auto-detect.

Thanks for any help.

My MP3 player is dead. Can’t turn it on. :c

Did you try connecting it using a different USB cable directly to a rear usb port without using a hub? Did you try holding down the middle button of the player while connecting it? 

No. I will try that, but it might not work. 

I’ve tried holding down the middle button, and the power button. I think it’s dead, unfortunately :c Thanks for your help, though. 

It happen to my Sansa Clip also this week.  I charged it then the screen blacked out.  Now everytime I charged my Sansa clip it won’t anymore.  I think its just dead … Will Sandisk give me a new one? Yes? Please?  I want my Sansa Clip back.  Its the best.

Same thing happen to my Sansa clip this week.  I think the life span of our mp3 players like you said is 2.5 years.  Well that’s how it works now with all the manufacturing schemes. Nothing is lifetime guaranted anymore. Time to buy a new SanDisk mp3 player i guess!!!