Clip+ Doesn't play entire song

The player plays songs but it cuts off songs by a second and goes right to the next track.  It is not consistent per track.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kait

Do these songs play properly on your pc? Are the songs mp3? Are they from CD? If so, have you tried ripping them using a different program?

They are MP3s and they play correctly on my PC.

Thanks!

Kait

What is the files’ format and what was the source of them? 

All of them are mp3s, and almost of them are from are frog beemp3.com.

Can you try an experiment and rip some songs from a CD you own, and then try listening to those–do they hey clipped, too?

Can you try an experiment and rip some songs from a CD you own, and then try listening to those–do they get clipped, too?

@kait wrote:

All of them are mp3s, and almost of them are from are frog beemp3.com.

That’s an quasi-illegal and referral site only. Hard telling what you’re likely to get from there.

All of the songs are from my computer. Some are from CDs that I’ve ripped, but the player doesn’t do this to certain tracks. It’ll move to different tracks, so it doesn’t do it to the same tracks.

My thought was, the downloaded songs could have something that causes the clipping (as distinct from the songs you’ve ripped yourself from CDs) …

It doesn’t matter if they’re downloaded or ripped from a CD. It’ll still cut them off at the end by a second or two. Like I said, it doesn’t do it to the same tracks. It’ll move around.

Well, you could try a reset of the player; and reapplying the firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky at the top of the forum), in case it’s become corrupted.  But it really sounded like a file issue with the files themselves.

I’ve tried resetting the player, but that also doesn’t help either. My player already has the latest fermwear on it.

Yep.  Sometimes the firmware becomes corrupted–reapplying it can fix that. 

How do I do that?

Do all of the sansa clip+ cut off songs like this?

@kait wrote:

How do I do that?

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-15/m-p/150227/highlight/true#M31277

@kait wrote:

Do all of the sansa clip+ cut off songs like this?

Mine doesn’t.

And to be honest, I haven’t heard anyone else complain of it either.