Clip+ 8gb freezes with 32gb sandisk micro sd card

My clip+ repeatedly freezes when “updating” when I insert my micro sd card or when I remove it from charge (on the laptop) with the micro sd in and stays frozen until the battery wears down. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Check your ID3 tags. There’s something in one (or more) of them that’s choking the Clip+ when it’s trying to read them during the database refresh.

Thank you for the help. However I’m fairly new to this so I think I still need more help:cry:. Just looked up what ID3 tags are but am not sure what I’d be looking for that is causing the problem.

BTW, the micro sd doesn’t have anything on it yet (don’t know if that affects anything).

Thanks for your time and help anyhow.

You may need to exchange the microsd card for another one.

Why do you have the card in the player if there’s nothing on it? :confounded:

I would format the card, put a few files on it and see how things go then. Does the player operate normally when the card is not inserted?

Why do you have the card in the player if there’s nothing on it?

I would format the card, put a few files on it and see how things go then. Does the player operate normally when the card is not inserted?

Another thought . . . Where did you get the card? There’s a lot of counterfeit and fake 32GB cards out there right now, most being sold on eBay out of China. If this is where you got it, I would be highly suspect and take necessary steps to contact the seller and report the incident to eBay in order to A.) get your money back and B.) get the thief banned from eBay.

“Why do you have the card in the player if there’s nothing on it?”
Was going to put stuff onto it, didn’t have time and when I disconnected it, it froze. Further usage like that has been trying to figure out the problem. Does this suggest it isn’t a tags issue then?

I fully formated the card (not whilst in the clip through a usb adaptor) before usage. Player has operated normally without the card though. Will try putting stuff onto it and see if anything different happens.

Got the card from Amazon.co.uk does seem to have a legit 32gb capacity (is that any indication of officialness).

Well, if the card is blank, then ID3 tags aren’t the issue.

Amazon is very reliable and reputable, plus the fact that you appear to have the full memory space available on a 32GB card (29.1GB if I recall correctly) is reassuring that you don’t have a counterfeit card.

I would try putting a few files on it and see what happens. Maybe searching all that blank space and not finding anything hurt the poor player’s little brain.

It is still possible of course that the card is defective as Saratoga implied though.

One thing you might try, if the issue persists, is formatting the card with the SD Assoication’s Formatter software–that sometimes clears issues away. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/